Prince of the City

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
TauHeel05 wrote:Sounds like Wally got in trouble for his phone interview with the Kevin and Josh Movie Show.
why do you say that?

Vader182 wrote:
TauHeel05 wrote:Sounds like Wally got in trouble for his phone interview with the Kevin and Josh Movie Show.
why do you say that?
I'm intrigued. What happened?

JUSTIN time wrote:
talli wrote:perhaps Gordon's cooperation with Batman will have all sorts of officials coming down his throat and pressuring to give up Batman, or set him up... :think:
A very insightful possibility, I love how these movies (DK and DKR) are transcending the common comic genre movie.
Thank God...just about every other movie is crappin' the brown notes

Nothing. Wally spilled nothing about the film. I dunno what TaoHeel05 is smoking.

I mean, Wally did say he kinda got in trouble for saying too much. What else would it be, guys?

Bah, saying too much? He was tight-lipped as always.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Nothing. Wally spilled nothing about the film. I dunno what TaoHeel05 is smoking.
Have you watched this interview?!? Geez...

Even the interviewer alludes to that radio interview that Wally talks about Hathaway's wardrobe. Wally is now tight lipped.

No secrets were discussed in THIS interview.

I might watch this Prince of the City... the films that influenced BB and TDK, Blade Runner and Heat respectively, are my two favourite films - if TDKR lives up to the standard of the previous two films, then the film which it draws influence from is almost definitely going to be good.

I just watched this brilliant film!

You can see that Nolan has taken a lot from Sidney Lumet in terms of the intricacy of his plots, ambiguous heroes and a general feeling of realism. People seem to mention only Ridley Scott and Kubrick when listing Nolan's key influences, but Lumet deserves to be on that list too. If you haven't seen any of Lumet's work I would highly recommend Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, Network and now, Prince of The City.

Now what does this have to do with TDKR? Well...
The main character, Daniel Ciello is a dirty cop who is fiercely loyal to the other dirty cops in his unit ("I sleep with my wife, but I live with my partners..."). He is offered the chance to be a part of an Internal Affairs investigation and makes a deal that he will help put other dirty cops away, but not his partners. Things take a turn for the worse when he is gradually forced to betray his partners. Ciello struggles throughout the film to stick to his word, but external forces intervene and he is isolated and outcast from the men he cared for more than his family...

I think Nolan had this film in mind when writing Jim Gordon's arc in TDKR. At the end of TDK Gordon has lied to protect Dent's reputation. Sooner or later Internal Affairs will begin to question what really happened that night, as things just don't add up. This raises the issue of Gordon being above suspicion now that he is police commissioner. I can see Gordon being accused of corruption in TDKR. The irony being that he is still the most moral cop on the entire police force. His loyalty to Batman and Dent's reputation will be his downfall.