Paul Franklin talks 'The Dark Knight Rises' visual effects

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
No huge news here, but Nolan's visual effects supervisor talked a bit about TDKR. He says that Anne Hathaway's character will not have a digital stunt double like Halle Berry did in 2004's Catwoman. He may use some CGI to make Gotham look like the last two films (not returning to Chicago?) and he was unsure if they'd be using CGI to enhance Tom Hardy's Bane. Full story here:
http://batman-news.com/2011/02/02/paul- ... l-effects/
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

That seems to hint it might be filmed a lot less in Chicago, then, which makes me very sad as that was one of my favorite aspects of TDK... maybe filming will take place in NYC quite a bit then?

If they film in NYC, maybe the critics there will back the hell off with their weird hatred of Nolan. :\

chee wrote:If they film in NYC, maybe the critics there will back the hell off with their weird hatred of Nolan. :\
Seriously^ :thumbup:

I hope they film in NYC. I'd be on that set every damn day.

ugh

so the fact that he said anne hathaway will not have a stunt double is being overlooked?

this is major confirmation that she will be in action as cat woman...otherwise why would a stunt double possibly be discussed?

talli wrote:ugh

so the fact that he said anne hathaway will not have a stunt double is being overlooked?

this is major confirmation that she will be in action as cat woman...otherwise why would a stunt double possibly be discussed?
We kinda got confirmation of that from Wally earlier this week when he said Anne looked fantastic in wardrobe. He wouldn't have felt the need to say that if she was just wearing a dress or ladies suit for the entire film, but you're right, this is further confirmation.

Dude, Catwoman is totally making an appearance. Why put Selina Kyle in the movie, if Catwoman won't show up, that would just be a waste of the character.

chee wrote:Dude, Catwoman is totally making an appearance. Why put Selina Kyle in the movie, if Catwoman won't show up, that would just be a waste of the character.
& Its the finale in Nolan's bat-franchise. So,yeah. Catwoman is coming out.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Am I really the only person who feels that strongly about how fantastic a venue Chicago was for Gotham?

:batface: