Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I can honestly say the first time I thought I heard a hint of a unique accent was in the prologue, other than that I cant say I have heard a lot of difference accent wise, maybe a slight hint here and there, but like I said before about his background and travels and him being a polyglot, it doesnt surprise me or bother me, it sort of intrigues me into his character more, but then again we havent heard him talk a lot, there is the SOUND of his voice versus the ACCENT of his voice, is that what you are referring to? the sound of his voice versus the way he talks..hope that makes sense, Ive heard a little bit of a change to in the way he sounds, but nothing to me that is strikingly different, overall I like the way he sounds, I think it has an intriguing quality being that he is wearing a mask.:-)

His accent has been mostly the same except for the Prologue. The Prologue is definitely the most raw Bane. The rest of them usually have no accent (that I can hear) and are more mechanized. Some are overly mechanized while others I feel are just right. I need to go back and watch all the trailers and tv spots and figure out which one I like the best.

His accent has sounded the same to me every time... Just different intimations and different audio mixes

Really? The Prologue to me had a very distinct accent that I haven't heard since. I'll try to pay attention when watching all the trailers and tv spots at once to see if I can hear an accent.

ComptonTerry wrote:Really? The Prologue to me had a very distinct accent that I haven't heard since. I'll try to pay attention when watching all the trailers and tv spots at once to see if I can hear an accent.

... It was deeper and raspier but same cadence and accent

I haven't paid much attention to whether he has an accent, but it is definitely true that in some of the footage i've seen he sounds much more mechanized than in other parts. I'm pretty sure it's the prologue where he sounds the most mechanized, but I could be wrong and it could be a trailer. Regardless, I'm curious if they changed his voice to be less mechanized or if it just varies depending on the footage.

Isn't it bizarre how similar the set and choreography are to the Batman/Robin vs. Bane fight? Yet somehow, it is better when Nolan does it. Same punch grabbing, drop kicking, catwalk fighting, stair falling fihgt.
Last edited by eisentower30 on June 20th, 2012, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mchekhov wrote:His accent has sounded the same to me every time... Just different intimations and different audio mixes
Agreed. The sound is definitely different, but not because the accent's changed.

eisentower30 wrote:Isn't it bizarre how similar the set and choreography are to the Batman/Robin vs. Bane fight? Yet somehow, it is better when Nolan does it. Same punch grabbing, drop kicking, catwalk fighting, stair falling fihgt.
All we need now is Batman to throw JGL into a vat of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
mchekhov wrote:His accent has sounded the same to me every time... Just different intimations and different audio mixes
Agreed. The sound is definitely different, but not because the accent's changed.
kahern93 wrote:I haven't paid much attention to whether he has an accent, but it is definitely true that in some of the footage i've seen he sounds much more mechanized than in other parts. I'm pretty sure it's the prologue where he sounds the most mechanized, but I could be wrong and it could be a trailer. Regardless, I'm curious if they changed his voice to be less mechanized or if it just varies depending on the footage.
mchekhov wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:Really? The Prologue to me had a very distinct accent that I haven't heard since. I'll try to pay attention when watching all the trailers and tv spots at once to see if I can hear an accent.

... It was deeper and raspier but same cadence and accent
I was wondering what the consensus was on the sound and voice issue:-) I dont think Ive focused on it as much as some have, I definitely hear different mechanics in the sound in some areas, but nothing too crazy... and I did notice slightly more of an accent in the trailer, but that was only towards the end...right when he said " Now is not the time for fear, that comes LATER" I definitely heard an accent of sorts on the LATER part, but then again we havent really heard him speak a lot and depending on the emotion that Hardy is delivering with on a certain scene, and the mechanized sound, that could play into affect too. I think it's been pretty much the same throughout, except for the more mechanized/ emotional parts by Hardy.:-)