Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Skyab23 wrote:
Nolan4Life wrote:
And you can't pick up on a joke so once again, I kindly ask you to leave.
Yeah you'll have to forgive me, it's a bit difficult to tell when someone is being sarcastic or not over the internet.
:roll: It wasn't that hard to understand how outlandish my post was.

Nelson wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:So if someone voices against the majority, they should just "shut up and leave." Yes, let's just all line up in the conformity line, ask no questions, and march to the epic slogan: ALL HAIL NOLAN!
I honestly don't think it has anything to do with having a "voice against the minority" (And I really don't think a fuckin' fan site is worth all the nonconformist sentiment. You're not fighting the man, man.). I think it mostly has to do with the fact that your opinions on Bane are informed only by a couple images and a shitty audio recording. You haven't seen the film. Hell, you haven't even seen a trailer that Bane is in for more than a nanosecond. You've seen about 0.5 seconds worth of how Bane will look in the film, and heard a grand total of 0.0 worth seconds of what he will sound like. It comes off more as being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian than it does well informed opinions being silenced by the evil authoritarian majority that is Nolan Fans.

When you go into a flick saying "Well I don't like the way this character looks, therefore he will be a flop.", well then you are incredibly biased going in. The same way anyone believing (not hoping) The Dark Knight Rises will be Nolan's best film or one of the best films period are incredibly biased walking in. It's silly to walk into a film with any expectations other than those gathered from the reputations built by the writer(s), director(s), and actors involved. And even then it sucks to go in already decided on things.
But every example you provided to me about me acting prematurely, can be applied to everyone on here who is praising Bane's look. We've all looked at the same pictures and heard the same audio. I just took a different reaction to it than 99% of the posters on here. Heaven forbid.

JONATHAN3D wrote:
I always wanted Catwoman in TDKR. I always knew she'd be done right. I can't find anything wrong with her design.

jcvargas09 wrote:
I like this GothamGirl. She has a smart head on her shoulders. The vast majority it seems unfortunately come to conclusions way too soon about these kind of things. It's like tasting Hot Chocolate while it's still bitter before it's been cooked and transformed into awesome deliciousness. Strange metaphor, yes, but still applicable. :D
Yes. @GothamGirl is quickly becoming my favorite member on this site.
Thanks! Sorry for the typos gents that's one thing I tend to skip right over.

Anywho.

I found two flaws with Catwoman (and this is strictly based off the promo pic and the pics we've seen from the LA, Pittsburgh and Newark sets).

1. Why is she wearing heels? So impractical.
2. The "ears" seem kind of unnecessary? But Nolan (or was it Bale?) said we've only seen 1/2 of what her suit can do. So I'm pretty optimistic and I have a feeling Selina will have a more prominent role anyway.

At first I thought Anne had no sex appeal, but I saw a little of Love and Other Drugs on TV and I kind of changed my tune. I had only seen her in Rachel Getting Married and those Princess Diary movies I saw as a kid.

@GothamGirl....that post should likely go in the Anne Hathaway/Catwoman thread, but it really doesn't matter to me, but a lot of folks here are big sticklers to staying on the appropriate thread message. And I totally agree with your reservations about Catwoman...but don't say that on these boards or you'll get your ass chewed out.

Oh, and BTW...epic pic of Gosling in Drive...LOVE that movie.

Earlier:
Skyab23 wrote:Someone put my doubts to rest about this being the best choice to end the Batman trilogy.
Skyab23 wrote:
JONATHAN3D wrote:
We've answered your questions but you don't seem to be changed by any of it.
And I appreciate everyone's opinions, especially if they are handled maturally...but no amount of opinion can change my reaction to his appearance. His mask looks really odd and weird to me, regardless of the intended look and usefulness of it. The fur-lined jacket looks odd on his character, and I have had many big Nolan fans that I know agree with me on this.
I really don't know what to tell you.
You're asking for too much.
There really isn't much to say than:
Batman Begins FEAR
The Dark Knight CHAOS
The Dark Knight Rises PAIN
Bane's archetype = PAIN
It completes the trilogy.

GothamGirl wrote:
JONATHAN3D wrote:
I always wanted Catwoman in TDKR. I always knew she'd be done right. I can't find anything wrong with her design.

Yes. @GothamGirl is quickly becoming my favorite member on this site.
Thanks! Sorry for the typos gents that's one thing I tend to skip right over.

Anywho.

I found two flaws with Catwoman (and this is strictly based off the promo pic and the pics we've seen from the LA, Pittsburgh and Newark sets).

2. The "ears" seem kind of unnecessary? But Nolan (or was it Bale?) said we've only seen 1/2 of what her suit can do. So I'm pretty optimistic and I have a feeling Selina will have a more prominent role anyway.

At first I thought Anne had no sex appeal, but I saw a little of Love and Other Drugs on TV and I kind of changed my tune. I had only seen her in Rachel Getting Married and those Princess Diary movies I saw as a kid.
@GothamGirl

It was actually Anne herself who said we had only seen 1/2 of what her suit could do. :)

I agree with you about the heels. It does seem a bit strange given what she'll be doing in her suit, but Nolan knows what he's doing so I'm letting it slide for now. ;)

As for sex appeal, yes, Love and Other Drugs is a great reference for that. Also look at Bride Wars. Very strong sex appeal in that film IMO. :)

As for Tom Hardy as Bane, I love the story he told in the Empire article of how he got the part. :lol:
Last edited by jcvargas09 on November 28th, 2011, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JONATHAN3D wrote:Earlier:
Skyab23 wrote:Someone put my doubts to rest about this being the best choice to end the Batman trilogy.
Skyab23 wrote:
And I appreciate everyone's opinions, especially if they are handled maturally...but no amount of opinion can change my reaction to his appearance. His mask looks really odd and weird to me, regardless of the intended look and usefulness of it. The fur-lined jacket looks odd on his character, and I have had many big Nolan fans that I know agree with me on this.
I really don't know what to tell you.
You're asking for too much.
There really isn't much to say than:
Batman Begins FEAR
The Dark Knight CHAOS
The Dark Knight Rises PAIN
Bane's archetype = PAIN
It completes the trilogy.

You highlighted my statment about his appearance, and that did not change my mind about him being the best choice for the final villain. But I do like your theory about it being about Pain in the final film and I agree with that. I just am so taken aback with the appearance and everything I've seen, that I'm very much skeptical.

Skyab23 wrote:
Nelson wrote:
I honestly don't think it has anything to do with having a "voice against the minority" (And I really don't think a fuckin' fan site is worth all the nonconformist sentiment. You're not fighting the man, man.). I think it mostly has to do with the fact that your opinions on Bane are informed only by a couple images and a shitty audio recording. You haven't seen the film. Hell, you haven't even seen a trailer that Bane is in for more than a nanosecond. You've seen about 0.5 seconds worth of how Bane will look in the film, and heard a grand total of 0.0 worth seconds of what he will sound like. It comes off more as being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian than it does well informed opinions being silenced by the evil authoritarian majority that is Nolan Fans.

When you go into a flick saying "Well I don't like the way this character looks, therefore he will be a flop.", well then you are incredibly biased going in. The same way anyone believing (not hoping) The Dark Knight Rises will be Nolan's best film or one of the best films period are incredibly biased walking in. It's silly to walk into a film with any expectations other than those gathered from the reputations built by the writer(s), director(s), and actors involved. And even then it sucks to go in already decided on things.
But every example you provided to me about me acting prematurely, can be applied to everyone on here who is praising Bane's look. We've all looked at the same pictures and heard the same audio. I just took a different reaction to it than 99% of the posters on here. Heaven forbid.
Well, that would be why I wrote that entire second paragraph. Yup.

And again, it isn't that you have a different opinion, it's that you get icy reactions to a very icy, somewhat arrogent rundown of why you've decided Bane "=fail" and you try to turn it into this big nonconformist junk. That's why it sounds contrarian for the sake of contrarian. You have this opinion because you're different than everyone else and you need to make sure they know that. Because apparently they are trying to "silence" you. Like Nolan Fans is an oppressive government or something. But I don't know, I've only been hanging around here a couple days. Maybe I'm wrong.

GothamGirl wrote:
JONATHAN3D wrote:

1) That's really for the film to explain.
2) Since this takes place eight years after TDK I think this film will be the most "futuristic", gear-wise atleast.

Skyab23 wrote:
Oh, and BTW...epic pic of Gosling in Drive...LOVE that movie.
:thumbup: Great film. Never did see The Notebook but I became a big fan of his after Half Nelson and Lars and the Real Girl.

One thing that everyone fails to mention is how this guy completely transformed himself in a matter of months. He was pretty overweight early 2009.

Don't know how these guys do it. Personal trainers and lots of free time I guess.

I think Hardy might have roided up for Bane because homeboy is morphing back into a normal human being and shooting stopped 3 weeks ago. :lol:

Ok. Enough with the unrelated to Bane tangents.