[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Allstar wrote:
Balefan wrote:
it isn´t confirm anything

@RomanMF Very curious to see how people respond to the ending of The Dark Knight Rises.
Bruce probably died.
Bruce will not die and he was clearly referring to this..
@hitRECordJoe So Joe...is there any sequel clauses in that contract of yours. Given the way things ended and all.
Roman was talking about JGL´s contract not Bale´s contract,if it´s true that his character will be the next Batman after Bruce.
And if JGL is not the future Batman in TDKR(giving the fact that at the end Blake finds the Batcave which implies it,assuming R2 said the truth), it just proves that what R2D2 said it´s false.
And the fact of JGL´s character doesn´t die it doesn´t prove anything that Bruce Wayne won´t die.
And even if Bruce Wayne not die and Blake being the future Batman,it still doesn´t prove anything that the cafe scene with Bruce and Selina is the real deal. It still could be untrue .
Anyway,a sequel for TDKR is completely out of thought since Nolan said TDKR is THE END,so Roman´s question for JGL is just stupid.
JMan wrote:
SCENE: Gotham after Bane. Maybe a ceremony celebrating Batman/Bruce. Maybe Batman died in the air, maybe Batman/Bruce are just missing.
CUT TO: Gordon giving a great speech rallying Gotham to do good.
FADE TO BLACK
FADE UP
NEW SCENE:We see a young kid running through the rubble of Gotham City, or maybe a field of rubble outside of Gotham (or maybe Paris)
CUT TO: The running kid is about to fall into a large hole of some kind.
CUT TO: A man's hand grabbing the kid's hand and keeping him from falling.
CUT TO: The kid's face, turning to the man and shouting, "Dad!"
CUT TO: Face of man, who is Bruce Wayne, looking a little older. He says, "I've got you, son."
CUT TO: Bruce pulls son to safety. He looks at him and says, "Don't be afraid, Thomas. Don't be afraid."
CUT TO: Camera pulls back to show Selina (or Miranda) standing behind Bruce, with the skyline of Gotham behind them. The circle is now complete, with Bruce now a father and with Bruce & Selina's son reminding us of Bruce's father Thomas.
FADE TO BLACK
THE END
Your idea of ending is far better than that R2D2 cafe ending bullshit, but I think if Bruce slept with Tatelia(it was confirmed by that pic) and if he has to have a son in this movie would be with Tatelia and not Selina. It´s much more likely.

You guys are debating Roman's comments really . They neither confirm or disprove either rumor and we still don't know what the truth is.

Roman said he doesn´t know how the audiences would receive TDKR´s ending.
If Bruce was ending up alive and happy with Selina,he surely wouldn´t have this kind of doubt,because the most people will love it if it´s true(i´m one of the exceptions,of course).
What my "friend" said matches perfectly with this.
Roman doesn´t know how will be the public´s acceptance if Bruce dies in the movie.
And maybe R2D2 is right about JGL being the future Batman,but the cafe ending is a total bs for me.

Balefan wrote:
Your idea of ending is far better than that R2D2 cafe ending bullshit, but I think if Bruce slept with Tatelia(it was confirmed by that pic) and if he has to have a son in this movie would be with Tatelia and not Selina. It´s much more likely.
I actually agree with you, but
I guess I don't have any problems with no cafe ending, which unless it was done incredibly well but would still be pretty hokey. I was imagining a way for Bruce to somehow be alive at the end of the film. And not having seen the film but having read all these interesting posts, it seems that it all boils down to those who want Bruce alive and those who don't mind him being dead.

But here's another idea: Last Scene: We see a traveler climbing up to a deserted mountain temple. The door opens and it's Bruce Wayne, the new "good" Ra's Al Ghul, who turns and says, "What is it that you seek?" Fade to Black.

Except I don't think that will EVER happen.

If it's any consolation, Balefan, I totally agree with you
about hating the idea of Bruce settling down with Selina. I'd much rather it be Talia or nothing at all. Ever since AH was cast, that was my biggest fear. Unfortunatley the scene is real.

About the alleged end:
The end of the Batman trilogy shouldn't come down to a faked death resulting in a stupid ass meeting with any woman in a cafe (The Illusionist-esque) and John Robin Blake finding/inheriting the Batcave and suit or whatever just like the recent DC shit comics did. Good god, there's some serious barf I leave on the floor I'm going to freezer package and think about mailing to the Nolan brothers or WB if that ends up being what I see. So banal and stupid.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:About the alleged end:
The end of the Batman trilogy shouldn't come down to a faked death resulting in a stupid ass meeting with any woman in a cafe (The Illusionist-esque) and John Robin Blake finding/inheriting the Batcave and suit or whatever just like the recent DC shit comics did. Good god, there's some serious barf I leave on the floor I'm going to freezer package and think about mailing to the Nolan brothers or WB if that ends up being what I see. So banal and stupid.
Yes him dying like everyone hero in every epic is something to write home about . Nevermind the fact that Bruce Wayne never gets past being frozen in time and his arc is cut short to appease those who just want to see death . To me Death is an a lazier conclusion here

I actually like the sound of that Funeral/Ceremony ending....

grovegnome wrote:If it's any consolation, Balefan, I totally agree with you
about hating the idea of Bruce settling down with Selina. I'd much rather it be Talia or nothing at all. Ever since AH was cast, that was my biggest fear. Unfortunatley the scene is real.
The scene is real but I don´t think it will happen at the end of the movie but at the beginning.
Do not trust R2 guy so blindly.
That´s not the ending.
Nolan is not so cliché.

Blake taking over or becoming "Robin" is the perfect ending imo. In Begins Bruce says that he needs to become a symbol and a symbol cannot destroyed, it is everlasting. Bruce can be destroyed but a symbol is everlasting.
Full circle.