[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Infact, i'd say - bring on the sequels! It's only then that we'll appreciate Nolan's Batmovies even more!

If someone else "takes the reins" with this story, it will be ruined. Just as spider man will probably be stupid. I do not understand why you would want someone else to fill the acting or directing roles for this story. So many people want to push the Joker for the third movie but I dont see how those shoes could be filled again. Thank god Nolan as a writer / director has a lot of integrity and has said that role is finished for this story.

talli wrote:bruce wayne finally doesnt need batman...he lets go of this archetypal personality....but he was wrong..gotham will always need batman....bruce wayne is confronted in the street by some thugs, he is with his wife, and their child.....they pummel him, as he struggles with tears in his eyes, trying to resist to do what he can as batman, he dies...
Soooo, you think Bruce Wayne would just let his wife and child stand there and watch as he got murdered infront of them? Right...

talli wrote:bruce wayne finally doesnt need batman...he lets go of this archetypal personality....but he was wrong..gotham will always need batman....bruce wayne is confronted in the street by some thugs, he is with his wife, and their child.....they pummel him, as he struggles with tears in his eyes, trying to resist to do what he can as batman, he dies...
Uhhh...I think he would fight back. Regardless if he gave up Batman. Doesn't mean he can't defend himself.

I think that, after Nolan's third Batman film, there will be a long time without any Batman movies. Warner Bros isn't stupid, they know that they should quit while they're ahead. Why put a new director on it and risk tarnishing what will hopefully be known as the best superhero trilogy? They can make money off other movies and even other superheroes (i.e. Superman). I think that, after the third Batman, there will at LEAST be a 10-year hiatus. But it could be even longer than that.

So, taking that into consideration, I don't think Batman needs to die or quit in this movie. In fact, I think he needs to do the opposite. He needs to realize his place in the future of Gotham. He is their savior.

Cristo wrote:I think that, after Nolan's third Batman film, there will be a long time without any Batman movies. Warner Bros isn't stupid, they know that they should quit while they're ahead. Why put a new director on it and risk tarnishing what will hopefully be known as the best superhero trilogy? They can make money off other movies and even other superheroes (i.e. Superman). I think that, after the third Batman, there will at LEAST be a 10-year hiatus. But it could be even longer than that.

So, taking that into consideration, I don't think Batman needs to die or quit in this movie. In fact, I think he needs to do the opposite. He needs to realize his place in the future of Gotham. He is their savior.
Depends on if they can keep the rights to the Batman franchise for a long time. Superman will go back to the comic book creator's family if they don't make a movie soon.

I don't think the heirs of the Batman creator have a legal dispute with Warner Bros (yet), so the studio will have no problem, unlike in the Superman situation. Even in Superman, its kinda interesting that if Warner Bros doesn't make a movie soon, they lose rights to the origin story alone (since that was the contribution of the creators). That's why Warner Bros is in such a hurry to make the reboot in 2012.

kanjisheik wrote:I don't think the heirs of the Batman creator have a legal dispute with Warner Bros (yet), so the studio will have no problem, unlike in the Superman situation. Even in Superman, its kinda interesting that if Warner Bros doesn't make a movie soon, they lose rights to the origin story alone (since that was the contribution of the creators). That's why Warner Bros is in such a hurry to make the reboot in 2012.
They not only will lose the rights on the original story but also of Superman and a few characters and depictions of others. Right know Siegel have rights over:

The Original Superman book and more http://io9.com/5336960/dc-loses-more-superman-rights
Rights over baby kal el
Rights over the name of superman kal el, jor el, clark kent, jonathan kent and martha kent, etc...

And there's a lot more that Siegel are demanding and they will have the right to demand on 2012 if Warner Bros don't start filming by next year.

To be honest Superman can be iconic as people could want, but he don't really sell that much as character, especially when he come back to his root of being almighty and without weaknesses as shown in the original story, Warner bros hold rights over weaknesses and abilities, while the contract with Kane was of totally different Nature.

It is part of Batman dogma to serve under the mask forever. The eternal torment and isolation that Bruce Wayne must endure is what defines his character. Killing off Bruce Wayne is wrong. Batman is not a martyr! Batman is "a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a dark knight."

There should not be a new love interest. Romance is not a central component to Bruce Wayne's life. It has only proved to be a deadly distraction, as demonstrated by both Poison Ivy and Catwoman. Batman 3 should definitely resolve Bruce's guilt over Rachel's death. However, adding a new lover right at the end of an epic trilogy is a terrible idea. It would be an underdeveloped, cheesy story that would make the audience question Bruce's love for Rachel. Rachel's death is tantamount to his parents' murder; Bruce is indirectly responsible for them and feels extremely guilty. He had the opportunity to stop the Joker when he was just "one man", but chose to focus on the mob. Additionally, Bruce asked his father to leave the opera, ultimately leading his family to Joe Chill. There needs to be a few new characters because the Dark Knight killed so many off, but a new love interest is a bad idea.

Since this is Nolan's last time in Gotham, it could be appropriate to have the Riddler kill off either Lucius Fox or Alfred.
The Riddler should definitely discover Batman's identity, making the struggle between the two more personal. Consequentially, the Riddler should be killed in the end of the film (by Gordon and not by Batman because of his one rule) because no villains should live to know about Bruce Wayne's nighttime activities. Also, Batman should restore his public image. Having Batman 3's ending feel detached from the Batman Begins and the Dark Knight would be very disappointing. The trilogy's ending should connect all of the films and close Bruce Wayne's story arc.

:batface:

I know what you say about the Batman persona, about having to wear the mask all his life, but watching how we left off at the end of "The Dark Knight" we know Chris doesn't have to start the film right after the events of the second movie, he doesn't have to end up with batman at the top of a building knowing that he's gonna fight crime forever, that's actually what everyone expects so other directors can make batman films like that virtually forever. We know Batman is a human being and he's going to die some day, beyond whatever comics tell us Nolan's universe of batman is different, apart from any other batman story ever made and we don't have any guarantee that things are gonna play out like they did in other media, Nolan kept the essence, the character, he could easily start with a veteran 50 year old batman, he can make a movie with different time-lines showing The Batman's life through different events of his long story of fighting crime for 20-30 years. One of the reasons Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" became so popular was the fact that nobody expected a good story about an old batman still fighting for Gotham, even at the time the comic was published most people were like: WTF is this, now is one of the most respected comics ever, I think exploring that aspect of the character, the lonesome batman, getting old, sacrificing everything for Gotham and knowing that it ain't gonna last forever is something fascinating, giving Bruce Wayne a proper death and a good story finale could make of this film another Nolan masterpiece.