[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
What I can guess about TDKR so far:

CLUE # 1: It's allegedly inspired by "A Tale of Two Cities" and "Prince of the City"

CLUE # 2: One of the themes is "Who can you trust?"

CLUE # 3: Snippets of dialogue have talked about "liberation", kangaroo courts have been set up to try "upscalers".

If BB was about FEAR and TDK was about CHAOS, I think TDKR will be about CORRUPTION. Gotham will be a city so messed up - the poor get poorer, the rich get richer. Bane comes into the picture and leads a revolution of sorts - encouraging the criminals and the lower classes to take over the city (he's possibly motivated by an unjust upbringing).

Bruce will be retired at the beginning (I have no idea why - maybe because he's fallen in love with Selina). But the emergence of Bane will force him to "resurrect" the Batman (hence The Dark Knight Rises).

No idea how Selina, and the League of Shadows (if they're even in this movie) fit into all that.

This might have been talked about before (sure it has) but I wonder if...

I'm going to use the spoiler tag even tho I'm sure I'm not spoiling anything lol
Bruce is going to be forced to kill for the first time? Bane doesn't seem like someone he can just turn into the police. I can see something like that happening. What if the man is just too far gone to say? Who knows.. interesting to thing about tho/
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:This might have been talked about before (sure it has) but I wonder if...

I'm going to use the spoiler tag even tho I'm sure I'm not spoiling anything lol
Bruce is going to be forced to kill for the first time? Bane doesn't seem like someone he can just turn into the police. I can see something like that happening. What if the man is just too far gone to say? Who knows.. interesting to thing about tho/
I know, I've asked that question before too!

If it happened then:
it would definitely change him for ever, Batman wouldn't be the same and it might become a reason for him to quit being Batman or even to kill Batman because he became exactly what he was fighting against from the start

Yes Batcat! Thos are my thoughts almost exactly!

Busby11 wrote:What I can guess about TDKR so far:

CLUE # 1: It's allegedly inspired by "A Tale of Two Cities" and "Prince of the City"

CLUE # 2: One of the themes is "Who can you trust?"

CLUE # 3: Snippets of dialogue have talked about "liberation", kangaroo courts have been set up to try "upscalers".

If BB was about FEAR and TDK was about CHAOS, I think TDKR will be about CORRUPTION. Gotham will be a city so messed up - the poor get poorer, the rich get richer. Bane comes into the picture and leads a revolution of sorts - encouraging the criminals and the lower classes to take over the city (he's possibly motivated by an unjust upbringing).

Bruce will be retired at the beginning (I have no idea why - maybe because he's fallen in love with Selina). But the emergence of Bane will force him to "resurrect" the Batman (hence The Dark Knight Rises).

Very, very plausible... :twothumbsup:
No idea how Selina, and the League of Shadows (if they're even in this movie) fit into all that.

I have been reading No Man's Land and have drawn an interesting conclusion about the plot of the movie. In No Man's Land, various gangs around Gotham, including the GCPD, use graffiti to 'tag' the area that they control. A few months ago, we witnessed a scene of John Blake (JGL) tagging a building with what looks to be chalk. I believe that this means that Gotham will become a 'No Man's Land' and the city is up for grabs. Because Nolan has not incorporated various gangs in the Batman story line, this will mean the two forces as work here are the GCPD and the criminals (including Bane).

Also of note, IMDB has posted some interesting characters in the cast. For one, there is a CIA agent, which means the federal government will have a place in the movie. Secondly, there are several securities traders (stock brokers, NSYE traders) that are involved in the movie, so this could mean that someone could be using the devastation of Gotham to profit in some way (I am not sure who, maybe the politician played by Modine?)

Lastly, there is the case of Chris Ellis playing 'Priest' according to IMDB. In the beginning of the comic book No Man's Land, a priest attempts to bring supplies to Gotham after the earthquake. People are fighting over these supplies. The scene where Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway) stealing back an apple from a thug to a child is reminiscent of what occurred in the novel.

I am curious if anyone else has drawn these conclusions, or disagrees with my analysis.

broglin wrote: Also of note, IMDB has posted some interesting characters in the cast. For one, there is a CIA agent, which means the federal government will have a place in the movie. Secondly, there are several securities traders (stock brokers, NSYE traders) that are involved in the movie, so this could mean that someone could be using the devastation of Gotham to profit in some way (I am not sure who, maybe the politician played by Modine?)
Gotham's citizens could be feeling the brunt of a recession :think:

broglin wrote:I have been reading No Man's Land and have drawn an interesting conclusion about the plot of the movie. In No Man's Land, various gangs around Gotham, including the GCPD, use graffiti to 'tag' the area that they control. A few months ago, we witnessed a scene of John Blake (JGL) tagging a building with what looks to be chalk. I believe that this means that Gotham will become a 'No Man's Land' and the city is up for grabs. Because Nolan has not incorporated various gangs in the Batman story line, this will mean the two forces as work here are the GCPD and the criminals (including Bane).

Also of note, IMDB has posted some interesting characters in the cast. For one, there is a CIA agent, which means the federal government will have a place in the movie. Secondly, there are several securities traders (stock brokers, NSYE traders) that are involved in the movie, so this could mean that someone could be using the devastation of Gotham to profit in some way (I am not sure who, maybe the politician played by Modine?)

Lastly, there is the case of Chris Ellis playing 'Priest' according to IMDB. In the beginning of the comic book No Man's Land, a priest attempts to bring supplies to Gotham after the earthquake. People are fighting over these supplies. The scene where Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway) stealing back an apple from a thug to a child is reminiscent of what occurred in the novel.

I am curious if anyone else has drawn these conclusions, or disagrees with my analysis.

I posted a few weeks ago and I mentioned there quite a few similarities to the no mans land book written by Greg rucka. It was interesting how gordons plan was to make the gangs fight each other. I'm not done with it but I agree with you I think that's what's happening in TDKR.

Sorry I missed that warnerg, I absolutely agree with you that we will see Gordon turn the gangs against one another. Come to think of it, we did see a few gangs in TDK, including the Russians, the Mob, and the Black Gangsters. It's hard to say how much of that novel will be used given that Nolan picks plot points from so many story lines.

What will be most interesting in this movie is how Nolan justifies Gotham to become a 'No Man's Land'. Katrina was a disaster, and it was never given that label. Things will have to be pretty bad. But if the plot coincides with the phenomenal debt of our federal government, and their willingness to 'wait it out' rather than implement a full scale rescue, might be a way to justify that course of action.

We haven't seen a 'No Man's Land' since the late 1800's, and I am sure Nolan will have to come up with a plot point to justify this course of action by the federal government.

Does everyone agree though, that this looks to be the most Nolanish, non-linear film of the trilogy? I expect some serious jumping back and forth through time. And a bunch of twists and turns no one is expecting.