New info about The Dark Knight Rises & IMAX

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Collider posted a great interview with Executive Vice-President of IMAX, David Keeley. He talked a bit about The Dark Knight Rises, as well as working with Christopher Nolan. The whole interview runs about 50 minutes, here are some highlights:

*The Dark Knight Rises will be filmed in IMAX. How much? “Many more minutes” than The Dark Knight’s 28 minutes.
*Christopher Nolan may use a 65mm camera for dialogue scenes in The Dark Knight Rises.
*The Dark Knight may be re-released in IMAX as part of a double-feature when The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters.
*Keeley has had about 5 meetings with Nolan, they’re working together to make improvements for The Dark Knight Rises.

You can check out the full two-part interview on Batman-News.com or Collider.com, take your pick ;)
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

They better do a re-release for The Dark Knight, I missed out on it for the real IMAX.

Can you post the source link? Both Collider and your site?

chee wrote:They better do a re-release for The Dark Knight, I missed out on it for the real IMAX.
:o

You MUST see it in a real IMAX. None of this LieMAX crap. I saw TDK six times in a real IMAX and I still remember the experience vividly, while I forget 3-D pretty much as soon as it's over.

My coworker saw TRON in a LieMAX and he was already blown away. I told him his brain would explode if he saw a real IMAX screen. :lol:

Yea, I saw TDK in a LieMAX, thinking it was real IMAX. It wasn't until I went over to the Phoenix Science Center, with a real IMAX, that I figured something was wrong with my local theater. :lol:

chee wrote:Yea, I saw TDK in a LieMAX, thinking it was real IMAX. It wasn't until I went over to the Phoenix Science Center, with a real IMAX, that I figured something was wrong with my local theater. :lol:
ironically, thats were i saw both TDK & star trek 2009 in imax. I saw iron man 2 this past year @ the local harkin theartre in phoenix.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Batman-News.com wrote: *Christopher Nolan may use a 65mm camera for dialogue scenes in The Dark Knight Rises.

I'd just like to point out that I have been saying this since we heard Nolan was using one for Inception. :thumbup:

chee wrote: Can you post the source link? Both Collider and your site?
I did in my first post. Batman-News.com & Collider.com are live links that'll take you to the source.
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

Ah, okay. It looked like regular text. :lol:
thenextnolan wrote:
chee wrote:Yea, I saw TDK in a LieMAX, thinking it was real IMAX. It wasn't until I went over to the Phoenix Science Center, with a real IMAX, that I figured something was wrong with my local theater. :lol:

ironically
, thats were i saw both TDK & star trek 2009 in imax. I saw iron man 2 this past year @ the local harkin theartre in phoenix.
Well, we do live in the same state. ;)

Did you see Inception at the Harkin's in the Tempe Marketplace? Or did you see it in Tucson?

thenextnolan wrote:

ironically
, thats were i saw both TDK & star trek 2009 in imax. I saw iron man 2 this past year @ the local harkin theartre in phoenix.
Well, we do live in the same state. ;)

Did you see Inception at the Harkin's in the Tempe Marketplace? Or did you see it in Tucson?[/quote]

unfortunatley, i never had the chance to watch inception in imax, which is something i will regret for the rest of my life.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Oh man, that sucks. :(

It was an awesome experience. I can't wait to see TDKR in real IMAX with IMAX scenes.