Michael Caine talks The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

About him open to the idea of returning even if Nolan's time is over? Not really. The most you can get out of that i that Alfred survives but Caine likes to babble so I can't take anything he says too seriously.

TalkOnCorners wrote:About him open to the idea of returning even if Nolan's time is over? Not really. The most you can get out of that i that Alfred survives but Caine likes to babble so I can't take anything he says too seriously.

well no, they ask him "if this is hte last time we will see Alfred"...he impulsively answers "yes" ...but then changes his answer

Alfred's going 6 feet deep?

talli wrote:
Alfred's going 6 feet deep?
I think we have two possibilities:
-Alfred dies and Batman loses what's left of his family -> he has nothing to lose anymore, which could be an interesting point refering to what Falcone told Bruce in BB
-Alfred doesn't die and - well, and then what?

I'd personally opt for the first solution.

If Alfred dies, I will never forgive Nolan.
I may like the movie, but I'll be SOOOO angry at Nolan. Alfred has always been a meaningful character to me...

He can't die. :judge:

Interesting, Caine may have just popped a spoiler.

Baconboy wrote:If Alfred dies, I will never forgive Nolan.
I may like the movie, but I'll be SOOOO angry at Nolan. Alfred has always been a meaningful character to me...

He can't die. :judge:

but that's the point? if he's a meaningful character that means Nolan has done his job and can use his death to derive an emotion out of you.......it cant be all peaches at the end...in life it never is

Ya'll are looking to much into this. I'm 100% sure he didn't mean anything by what he said. He's just saying this will probably be the last time he plays Alfred since this is Nolan's last Batman film.

You guys really need to stop reading so much into nothing. I mean, jesus fucking christ. If Michael Caine had said nothing when asked about TDKR some of you would still have taken that as "he's going to die!".