TDKR will be based on "Prey" (Graphic novel)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
If it is true, and I sort of doubt it, I expect to see Max Cort replaced by someone else who can become a vigilante, to fill in the role of a more known villain. Officer Thomas Elliot? Officer Floyd Lawton? I wouldn't want it to be as simple as hypnosis, but to see a psychologist use various methods of conditioning to break an officer into a complete vigilante could be a very interesting take. Black Mask attacking Batman, and Hush/Deadshot attacking Bruce Wayne under the direction of Hugo Strange, who has deduced his identity. Or something. I dunno, just ideas.

None of the previous movies have been direct lifts from any one storyline though, so even if "Prey" does influence it heavily, don't expect to see Max Cort hypnotised into Night Scourge is all I'm saying.

The plot sounds good, the only thing that I dislike is the presence of Catwoman. I can see Tom Hardy being Max Cort, not Hugo Strange, I can't really picture him being an evil psychiatrist but maybe that's just me.

I like the idea of story.

1. I doubt Nolan & Co. would squarely base TDKR off of one story. TDK was heavily influenced by The Long Halloween more than any other particular comic book, yet I can pick out elements from multiple stories that make up TDK's plot. So I'm pretty confident that Nolan will use parts from several stories rather than sticking to one.

2. I doubt anyone finds out what the basic plot outline is until it's either put out in a press release or footage via the trailers.

Sounds like a decent plot, but Nolan won't take a straight single story from a GN. He'll put his own twist in it, maybe a combination of other ideas. I'm not 100% on board for Hugo Strange, but I'll read "Prey" and see for myself...

Sounds like a bit of a rumour to me. The thing is, I REALLY want Black Mask in, and there's a part of me that will be kind of let down if this is true. Having said that, it sounds good nonetheless... but how loosely will it be based on Prey?

Black Mask is as much of a rumor as the Riddler once was...
Last edited by OVERMAN on November 20th, 2010, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is "Batman: Prey" out of print? Amazon has it only available through third party merchants.

The_Emo_Digitator wrote:1. I doubt Nolan & Co. would squarely base TDKR off of one story. TDK was heavily influenced by The Long Halloween more than any other particular comic book, yet I can pick out elements from multiple stories that make up TDK's plot. So I'm pretty confident that Nolan will use parts from several stories rather than sticking to one.

2. I doubt anyone finds out what the basic plot outline is until it's either put out in a press release or footage via the trailers.
wasn't alot of TDK also based off the Killing Joke

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
The_Emo_Digitator wrote:1. I doubt Nolan & Co. would squarely base TDKR off of one story. TDK was heavily influenced by The Long Halloween more than any other particular comic book, yet I can pick out elements from multiple stories that make up TDK's plot. So I'm pretty confident that Nolan will use parts from several stories rather than sticking to one.

wasn't alot of TDK also based off the Killing Joke
Some years since I read The Killing Joke, but no. - Influenced by it, yes.