Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Bale as Batman was the first time in a movie that Batman felt intimidating and powerful, rather than just a guy wearing a dorky costume.

I agree with the above comments, and as for him needing to play a better Bruce, I honestly am very content with him. He plays his actual side of Bruce around Alfred/Rachel and so on, and acts like a cocky jackass around other people, which is a far more...realistic take on how Batman/Bruce would want to operate in public. It's like, if anybody for a second goes "huh. wonder i that guys batman, he IS rich! Nahh he's an ass" so it works out.

Just my take ;)

steveportee wrote:Bale as Batman was the first time in a movie that Batman felt intimidating and powerful, rather than just a guy wearing a dorky costume.

Yeah when he said "I'm Batman." in Begins I almost passed out.

Plus I think showing so much of his backstory before seeing him suit up really made you feel connected with the character. I mean it's like what almost half way through the movie when he becomes Batman but it's still awesome!
Say Girl

Vader182 wrote:It's like, if anybody for a second goes "huh. wonder i that guys batman, he IS rich! Nahh he's an ass" so it works out.

Just my take ;)
His public persona is like a male version of Paris Hilton. Last person anyone would suspect.

i enjoy seeing Bale as Bruce Wayne, more than the Batman...but that I mean, he has done more with the character than anybody else before him

As Bruce Wayne i see Bale very static, unexpressive, I mean he sure has to be a bored zillionaire but not looking like an idiot.. ;)

talli wrote:i enjoy seeing Bale as Bruce Wayne, more than the Batman...but that I mean, he has done more with the character than anybody else before him
THIS! I really love what he has done with Bruce Wayne too! Showing how much he hates Batman, and how he's a womanizer when he isn't. I thought it was fun to see him hide who he really is, then seeing him be himself with Alfred or Rachel. I think he could make his character in a very deep way.

ROXYMUZAK wrote:As Bruce Wayne i see Bale very static, unexpressive, I mean he sure has to be a bored zillionaire but not looking like an idiot.. ;)

then you are not paying attention, because Bruce Wayne presents himself in many different ways depending on which character he speaks with. Watch how he changes in the scene when he first meets Harvey Dent...he goes through a whole character arc in that one scene

talli wrote:
ROXYMUZAK wrote:As Bruce Wayne i see Bale very static, unexpressive, I mean he sure has to be a bored zillionaire but not looking like an idiot.. ;)

then you are not paying attention, because Bruce Wayne presents himself in many different ways depending on which character he speaks with. Watch how he changes in the scene when he first meets Harvey Dent...he goes through a whole character arc in that one scene
Yea, this is a really good example. I like how he starts out as acting like that rich playboy, and then towards the end he talks normally, the real Bruce Wayne.

chee wrote:
talli wrote:

Yea, this is a really good example. I like how he starts out as acting like that rich playboy, and then towards the end he talks normally, the real Bruce Wayne.
Yes me too! I hope we see both of these sides in TDKR again. Now that Batman will be chased by the police, I think he'll have to do even more efforts as Bruce Wayne to show how he hates Batman and how he should get caught. Might be interesting ;)