Why I Believe This Film Is Not About the Villain

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
thetitsarerightthere wrote:
Cilogy wrote:What the hell is this? :wtf:

None of Nolan's Batfilms have ever been about the villains, it's always been about the ideas, about the themes represented and personified.
Thats what i was thinking... have any of the batman movie been ABOUT the villain? no, i don't remember seeing those movies.
Well no maybe not literally about the villains, but Schumacher's films were certainly made to serve the villains of each story, it seemed like Batman was guest starring in those movies.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Well no maybe not literally about the villains, but Schumacher's films were certainly made to serve the villains of each story, it seemed like Batman was guest starring in those movies.[/quote]

when i think about it i see what your saying. but still, Nolans movies aren't anything like that

Cilogy wrote:What the hell is this? :wtf:

None of Nolan's Batfilms have ever been about the villains, it's always been about the ideas, about the themes represented and personified.
??????? Harvey Dent/ Two-Face was the backbone of the film, and the Joker was the driving force of the film that all the other characters reacted to.

Iv said it before, and I will say it again!
There is no Batman without the villians. The Villians are personifications of Batman, and the moral issue of Bruce Waynes judgement.
You don't even have to analyze the Batman comics to know this, its so clear, and even more clear in the Joker >< Batman conflict!

sallygucha wrote:Batman Begins was all about Bruce Wayne and the creation of Batman. The Dark Knight was all about escalation; what prompts Bruce Wayne to become The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight rises will once again be about Bruce Wayne and the evolution of The Dark Knight; what he now must become and must do: Rise to the challenge of adopting the persona infinitely. Batman Begins had a verb in the title. And so does The Dark Knight Rises; it's come full circle. I truly believe the villain is irrelevant in this film. Simply because there's a verb in the title; just like Batman Begins. This will be all about Bruce/Batman. Mark my words. This is why I truly believe the villain will be someone we've never seen before. Because it's not about them (sorry Tom Hardy). It's about Batman (Get ready Christian Bale - this is your movie).
Brilliant sentiment that certainly makes you think.
The villain might not be the main focal point in the film (though I also have to agree with Cilogy here, the characters aren't the primary focal point, the ideas and themes are), but I trust that the villain will serve as a catalyst for Batman's transformation.

If I think back to Batman Begins, the theme was fear. In The Dark Knight the theme was chaos. I wonder if the title is hinting at the theme of the next batman, though with Nolan it's never as straightforward as that.

Regardless, I trust the villain in the next one will be RAD AS HELL! It doesn't matter who the villain is ultimately, it's going to be, as sallygucha pointed out, about Bats coming full circle. I, for one, wouldn't be surprised if this next Batman has an open ending where WE have to decide whether Batman keeps the cowl, or ditches it for good... I still believe that top toppled :D

Jonas Agersø wrote:Iv said it before, and I will say it again!
There is no Batman without the villians. The Villians are personifications of Batman, and the moral issue of Bruce Waynes judgement.
You don't even have to analyze the Batman comics to know this, its so clear, and even more clear in the Joker >< Batman conflict!
I agree. The villains represent what Bruce Wayne could've been without Batman.