What will be the theme in Batman 3?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
CroissantRoll wrote:
chee wrote:All that was done in Batman Begins though.
I know, and I get why they didn't do it. I just would've liked a mention about his parents during the scene where he's talking to Alfred about quitting.
I think they didn't talk about them because Bruce moved on from his parents. Their death still makes him who he is today, but he has stopped dwelling on the fact that they are dead.

I really liked the character of Thomas Wayne, even for the short time he was on screen. I think it would be interesting to see Bruce Wayne start to follow a bit in his father's footsteps by working to make GOtham a better place. I know it would be a big change in character, but I would find it interesting. Plus if the city got to a point where an unmasked Bruce Wayne could make a difference, he would no longer have a need for Batman and possibly hang up the cape.

i cant see a "happy end" in the third movie. nolan's batman theme is dark, dirty, depressiv...i would like an end in which batman becomes a curse for bruce wayne, which he cant escape anymore...as rachel said "But I'm not sure the day will come when *you* will no longer need Batman."...

Christopher Nolan wrote:i cant see a "happy end" in the third movie. nolan's batman theme is dark, dirty, depressiv...i would like an end in which batman becomes a curse for bruce wayne, which he cant escape anymore...as rachel said "But I'm not sure the day will come when *you* will no longer need Batman."...
Whoa, that's pretty grim thinking there. :(

I don't think the movie should end with Wayne giving up being Batman, I think he should be 'cursed' somewhat to be Batman forever (sorry for bringing that monstrosity of a movie into your heads), but I certainly think the tone of the movie and the resolution to the story should be more hopeful and optimistic. I think the character and the universe has earned it.

Lord Caldlow wrote:
yeah..i know but batman's only hope was harvey dent. he died and in my opinion the goal that gotham police takes the full charge over the city died too. no chance for bruce to give up batman now. and i cant see nolan giving batman another hope. that's why i think it will end in depressiv way with a little bit of hope that someday gotham or bruce wont no longer need batman...

Christopher Nolan wrote:
Lord Caldlow wrote:
yeah..i know but batman's only hope was harvey dent. he died and in my opinion the goal that gotham police takes the full charge over the city died too. no chance for bruce to give up batman now. and i cant see nolan giving batman another hope. that's why i think it will end in depressiv way with a little bit of hope that someday gotham or bruce wont no longer need batman...
He still has Gordon to have hope in.

CroissantRoll wrote: He still has Gordon to have hope in.
Yeah and now that Gordon understands the corruption, he will make a stand to root it out, he is the commish now after all.

he cant do it alone. only batman on his side wont be enough. maybe bruce will step into the game..

Christopher Nolan wrote:he cant do it alone. only batman on his side wont be enough. maybe bruce will step into the game..
Yeah that's what I was thinking I would love it if Bruce began to step into his dad's shoes and try to make Gotham a better place without the mask.

For me, it's the theme of destiny. On the Bruce Wayne side, evolve into his father. On the Batman side, accept what he has created and what he has vowed to do.

Bruce needs to be at a place of peace, even if it's shaky. And, I also believe that he has to reveal himself to Gordon. Because of what Gordon did for him as a child in Batman Begins all the way through to the end of Batman 3, Bruce owes that to him. Now, that doesn't mean Gordon has to look. But, I want to see Bruce give Gordon the ultimate respect in the end...