Exclusive: Pfister Hopes To Shoot 'Whole Movie In IMAX'

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
After almost having an epileptic fit just at the 15 minute preview of Avatar in 3D, unless Warner Bros wants corpses in cinemas and they pay out millions of dollars in lawsuits, not really.

Im also wondering what locations they will use for shooting because I think that would have to be factored into whether or not they can move the Imax cameras around easily and efficiently because of the size and time needed for moving them around. :think:

DantarionTheBook wrote:Im also wondering what locations they will use for shooting because I think that would have to be factored into whether or not they can move the Imax cameras around easily and efficiently because of the size and time needed for moving them around. :think:
They did a lot of action scenes with IMAX cameras, surprisingly.

I would think the industry would have lighter more versatile IMAX cameras out by now no?

DKnight007 wrote:I would think the industry would have lighter more versatile IMAX cameras out by now no?
Depends on how quickly the technology can advance in two years.

I'm no technical expert, but would an ENTIRE movie in IMAX actually work? I mean, can something like a dramatic close-up work on IMAX without looking extremely "in your face"?

Eternalist wrote:I'm no technical expert, but would an ENTIRE movie in IMAX actually work? I mean, can something like a dramatic close-up work on IMAX without looking extremely "in your face"?
True. It felt awkward seeing Leo's face in close-up in IMAX and that wasn't even shot in IMAX.

Giant heeeaaaddddzzzz. :batface:

I'd still like to see an entire movie in IMAX though.

I hope Mr. Pfister is going to the gym pumping up his muscles and all cause' those bloody IMAX cameras are heavy as a motherfucker.
to be honest I enjoyed TDK and Inception in a normal theater the same way or even better than I did on IMAX, I don't think Nolan's gonna take that direction.

OVERMAN wrote:I hope Mr. Pfister is going to the gym pumping up his muscles and all cause' those bloody IMAX cameras are heavy as a motherfucker.
to be honest I enjoyed TDK and Inception in a normal theater the same way or even better than I did on IMAX, I don't think Nolan's gonna take that direction.
Nolan likes IMAX, I think he is or at least try to.

it's not about Nolan liking IMAX or not, he always put the story together and beyond wanting to give his audience a terrific visual experience he wouldn't risk production values or the story only to shoot everything on IMAX which is extremely complicated.