Anybody else sad that this series is over?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
In a way I'm sad, not so much that it's over, as that there aren't any more films in the series to anticipate, if you follow me. It kind of felt like an annual event, you know?

But, yeah, I think MiracleSleeper's right. The series ended on exactly the right note, and Nolan's moving on, hopefully to even better things. That's something to celebrate, not mourn.

Yes, but at the same time I'm glad. It wasn't overdone and Nolan can move on to other projects.
Amelia wrote:In a way I'm sad, not so much that it's over, as that there aren't any more films in the series to anticipate, if you follow me. It kind of felt like an annual event, you know?
In hindsight, I have to agree with this. I'm not as hyped about any upcoming movies and I kinda miss that rush.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

MiracleSleeper wrote:On one hand I'm sad that I won't get to see any more Nolan-Batman films. But on the other hand.... Nolan will still continue to make other spectacular movies. 8-)
+10 :clap:

Amelia wrote:In a way I'm sad, not so much that it's over, as that there aren't any more films in the series to anticipate, if you follow me. It kind of felt like an annual event, you know?
I hear ya. While I'm looking forward to "Star Trek" and "Man of Steel" since I don't feel the same way about those characters that I know in "Star Trek" the way I felt about those in the Batman trilogy, it doesn't have the same tingling anticipatory, hop up and down feel. So I will miss that and all the great Batman characters/actors. :clap:

Not really, because:

MiracleSleeper wrote:On one hand I'm sad that I won't get to see any more Nolan-Batman films. But on the other hand.... Nolan will still continue to make other spectacular movies. 8-)
This.

MikaHaeli8 wrote:Not really, because:

Ugh, don't remind me...

nolangoatdirector wrote:
MikaHaeli8 wrote:Not really, because:

Ugh, don't remind me...
Not my concern if you are reminded. :P

yes but i'm glad it went out on a high not for a great majority of people. Sure there are flaws in every one of those films but in a couple of years we'll all look back fondly on this trilogy and at least now people don't need to dread batman films anymore :D. if the next batman films are flops I won't care because it doesn't change the high quality of these 3 here :).

yes :cry:
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

I am really sad it's gone. "I saw The Dark Knight Trilogy. It was awesome. And it'll be a very long time before a trilogy inspires us the way it did."

Feels like yesterday we were still waiting for the final Batman film in Nolan's trilogy to be confirmed and greenlit. We didn't know what it would be called and it didn't even matter at the time.

It's been almost a decade now since Batman Begins debuted and as much as I love having all 3 films to watch part of me wants to do it all over again. No film in history generated the excitement for me that this trilogy did.

I hope it will happen again. But for now I am thankful that I got to have this experience at all. Thank you Chris Nolan. The end truly is bittersweet.