Why was TDKR snubbed at the Oscars?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
BRAVO CHRIS wrote:Daily reminder
I know this is a troll post, but this video actually sums up everything wrong with discussions about big fan movies like this one--the fans act like cult members, and the critics act like obnoxious cunts, like the host in the video.

You're free to criticize a movie as much as you like (it's just a damn movie, after all), but fanboys online and on TV expose that they're just being dicks to get emotional reactions--and they're only doing that because the fans are already too emotionally invested to begin with. It's fine to be emotionally invested, but don't worship the damn intellectual properties like they're golden calfs.

The critics of this flick (and other nerd "holy grails", like Star Wars or LOTR) sometimes have very decent criticisms, but for the most part they act like they're an older nerd smashing a younger nerd's toys, just to watch him cry. The tone of the critics (like Faraci, Slashfilm or the cunt in that video) just feels reactionary, like they've seen something get too popular, and now they want to shred it unfairly, because "fuck the fans for being so cultish". Which is strange, because they can be accused of the same behavior (Faraci and Slashfilm's fawning over Avengers is pretty ridiculous and hypocritical).

It's really bizarre, childish and obnoxious behavior, and it reinforces why nerds are thought of as girlfriend-less, basement dwelling assholes. Because that's exactly how we act.

In short: You can praise or damn a movie as much as you like, but quit being such a shrill jackass about it.

TDKR was just getting too many votes. There was no competition. So the Academy DQ'd it.

I was full of rage yesterday but I can't bring myself to care anymore.

The Academy can nominate whichever movies they want to. TDKR doesn't need a golden statue to prove itself to anyone.

chom wrote:
I know this is a troll post, but this video actually sums up everything wrong with discussions about big fan movies like this one--the fans act like cult members, and the critics act like obnoxious cunts, like the host in the video.

You're free to criticize a movie as much as you like (it's just a damn movie, after all), but fanboys online and on TV expose that they're just being dicks to get emotional reactions--and they're only doing that because the fans are already too emotionally invested to begin with. It's fine to be emotionally invested, but don't worship the damn intellectual properties like they're golden calfs.

The critics of this flick (and other nerd "holy grails", like Star Wars or LOTR) sometimes have very decent criticisms, but for the most part they act like they're an older nerd smashing a younger nerd's toys, just to watch him cry. The tone of the critics (like Faraci, Slashfilm or the cunt in that video) just feels reactionary, like they've seen something get too popular, and now they want to shred it unfairly, because "fuck the fans for being so cultish". Which is strange, because they can be accused of the same behavior (Faraci and Slashfilm's fawning over Avengers is pretty ridiculous and hypocritical).

It's really bizarre, childish and obnoxious behavior, and it reinforces why nerds are thought of as girlfriend-less, basement dwelling assholes. Because that's exactly how we act.

In short: You can praise or damn a movie as much as you like, but quit being such a shrill jackass about it.
gib sigs

Last edited by CallMeSelina on April 30th, 2015, 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think people just love to hate this film. They shouldn't of gone in expecting TDK again. Those with that expectation in mind didn't see the themes in TDKR and failed to understand it. Then they go online (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter) and rag on it for things like plot holes that can EASILY be explained. Then when those couple of people start to rage war against it and everyone follows. Go to any Youtuber Reviewer video about these Nominations and I guarantee you see comments like "Thank God TDKR didn't get nominated" and "TDKR doesn't deserve shit!"

Its all because since a lot of people like this film, a lot decide to hate it because of that.

Anyways, I just wanted a fuckin' Nomination for BP and Noms in other smaller categories....

As soon as he said it was a kid's film, I knew he was trolling. How could TDKR be a kid's film with people hanging from bridges and getting their necks snapped?

Red Hood wrote:
As soon as he said it was a kid's film, I knew he was trolling. How could TDKR be a kid's film with people hanging from bridges and getting their necks snapped?
Modern Kids! They love a little bit of graphic violence in they morning cartoons.
:lol:

King Wizard wrote:Image
So I had a different response typed up, but instead I'm just going to ask, nice and simple....

You fucking serious?