Which role/part of this movie making deserves an OSCAR?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
hotsauce32 wrote:I loved Pfister's work on Rises, but I think Roger Deakins (Skyfall) might give him a run for his money
Agree both have done tremendous work, other than them there is The Master, Lincoln or Django all looks so stunning.

I just want Pfister to get the nomination, its his last time and it would be a sendoff anyone can dream about.

Well, I think Pfister work is more memorable that Deakins.

probably Oldman or Wally.

Sound editing, sound mixing and maybe art direction/production design.
Do you... like pineapple?

Cinematography, for the entire trilogy and even just for the IMAX sequences alone. Just a stunning way to watch a film and I truly hope it revolutionizes the film industry. It's definitely a good sign that more blockbusters have started to utilize IMAX technology while shooting. It is truly a pleasure to watch.

Though not quite on the level of what was accomplished in Inception, the editing is nevertheless superlative and superior to anything else cut thus far this year. From the comprehensibly structured action beats to the parallel editing of Bane's speech and the havoc around Gotham, I think another case could be made for Lee Smith this year.
A film is like a battleground. There's love, hate, action, violence, death. In one word: emotions.

I think Wally deserves a nomination, but not an Oscar. Both Deakins' work in Skyfall, and Malaimare's work in The Master have him beat. I think Rises looks fantastic, but after multiple viewings I don't feel as though it's Wally's best lit and/or shot film.

Crazy Eight wrote:I think Wally deserves a nomination, but not an Oscar. Both Deakins' work in Skyfall, and Malaimare's work in The Master have him beat. I think Rises looks fantastic, but after multiple viewings I don't feel as though it's Wally's best lit and/or shot film.
Yeah I agree, still think The Prestige and Inception are his best.

jibran wrote:Sound editing, sound mixing and maybe art direction/production design.
Additionally a nomination for Pfister (only for Mihai Malaimare to steal it). And certainly not one for editing.
Do you... like pineapple?

I lost all respect for the Academy the year that they awarded Best Picture to "Shakespeare in Love" over "Saving Private Ryan." SPR was a truly groundbreaking movie that then set the standard for all other war movies to follow. That was the beginning of the Spielberg-hate in the Academy.

Anyway, when it comes to TDKR, I think they will get technical noms galore relating to sound, cinematography, etc., but because of its genre it will, unfortunately, get little else. Of course, if they did get one single acting nomination I think it should be Hardy. What he did not only through physical acting (eyes, hands, movement, etc.) but through his voice was truly mesmerizing. Even the little seemingly-innocuous details like Bane "knitting" gave far more depth to an antagonist character than is usual in film today.

I also hope Hans Zimmer gets a nod, though again he won't win because of the genre and style. Like another poster said, the chant alone is unique; it went beyond the musical soundtrack and became an integral part of the movie's landscape, almost like a character itself. It had a symbolic duality for both the protagonist and the antagonist.