Question about the ending

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
nolannolanchrischris wrote:
rickfox wrote:
Nolan's bother just plays his "game"---and I don't want say those reasons why he behaves(he did exactly the same thing as some people who come from movie industry I experienced before)like that---a tad bit despicable.

You've now said this twice and it still doesn't make any sense. There's no game being played and nothing despicable about letting people have their own interpretations of your work, even if you have a clear intention one way or the other.
sell more dvd / blue ray---that can not be one of the reasons?

crimson elephant wrote: ....dvd sells will more for possible answers on this subject,either way its just silly
Last edited by rickfox on November 22nd, 2012, 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rickfox wrote:
You've now said this twice and it still doesn't make any sense. There's no game being played and nothing despicable about letting people have their own interpretations of your work, even if you have a clear intention one way or the other.

crimson elephant wrote: ....dvd sells will more for possible answers on this subject,either way its just silly
Sure, it could be one of the reasons he said what he said. But that is completely farfetched, unless you're going to overestimate how many people have actually seen what he said. And of those people, why would they make the leap from him saying "who am I to throw my opinion into the mix" to thinking "oh, they're going to tell us in the DVD!"? That's not a logical train of thought at all.

rickfox wrote:

Sure, it could be one of the reasons he said what he said. But that is completely farfetched, unless you're going to overestimate how many people have actually seen what he said. And of those people, why would they make the leap from him saying "who am I to throw my opinion into the mix" to thinking "oh, they're going to tell us in the DVD!"? That's not a logical train of thought at all.
well,that is why I wrote "there are many possible reasons... " in the firstplace(becuase possible doesn't means absolute)

I already encounted two people(as my acquaintances) who first believed B.W is dead after they watched TDKR in cinema, but reconsider the isuue about B.W is still alive or not after so many people provide them with those hints from the movie ,and they didn't thinking about purchase TDKR DVD at all

But after someone show them that videolink (Nolan brother's interview),now they want to purchase TDKR DVD when it hit the market--they want to watch it again to figure things out.

maybe that is just an isolated case,or maybe not

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/12/ ... nal-scene/
The actor is also quick to dispel any ambiguity about the film’s ending. Asked about the scene in which Alfred spies Bruce Wayne and Anne Hathaway’s Selina Kyle sitting together at a neighboring table in that restaurant — a shot that suggests that Alfred’s wish for Bruce has come true, that his former charge has found a companion to bring him some measure of inner peace and happiness, enabling him to finally leave behind his self-appointed role as Gotham’s unofficial protector — Caine is quite emphatic.

“They were there,” Caine said. “They were real. There was no imagination. They were real and he was with Anne, the cat lady, and I was happy ever after for him as I told him during the picture.”

Dragon_316ca wrote:http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/12/ ... nal-scene/
The actor is also quick to dispel any ambiguity about the film’s ending. Asked about the scene in which Alfred spies Bruce Wayne and Anne Hathaway’s Selina Kyle sitting together at a neighboring table in that restaurant — a shot that suggests that Alfred’s wish for Bruce has come true, that his former charge has found a companion to bring him some measure of inner peace and happiness, enabling him to finally leave behind his self-appointed role as Gotham’s unofficial protector — Caine is quite emphatic.

“They were there,” Caine said. “They were real. There was no imagination. They were real and he was with Anne, the cat lady, and I was happy ever after for him as I told him during the picture.”
Michael Caine has THE best quotes. And rickfox, Nolan isn't Ridley Scott. The TDKR advertisements didn't have a tagline line "Answers to the questions".

The "cat lady". :lol: I love you, Caine.

God... people want the Nolan Brother's to come out and say the end is real? Wow.. just wow.
Say Girl

I think "the game" that Jonathan Nolan was playing that is being referred to was the way he went about answering the question of whether the ending was ambiguous or not. He didn't give a yes or no answer, instead talking about how he and Chris Nolan still disagree about Memento's ending, and that he is no one to give his opinion on the ending of the movie. Basically I think he was just stirring the pot and encouraging discussion and debate, though it really did irk me how he refused to confirm that the ending was real.