The Dark Knight Rises on Blu-ray/DVD

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Crazy Eight wrote:
aaron wrote:It's only a lower score because Nolan doesn't offer much in terms of extras. If he'd only let us have a look at one or two of the deleted scenes...I'm banking on him including a 10-20 minute reel of trilogy deleted scenes for the Collector's Edition Trilogy in 2013. ;)
Points were marked down for the video transfer, 4.5/5.
Yes. I'm not sure why though. The transfer looks fantastic and, unlike TDK, they have restored full saturation and color to the picture rather than a desaturated image like in TDK. And the IMAX scenes are godly. I was pretty astonished by them in theaters but it's still super cool to see the picture like that in a home theater system. Here's to IMAX being the future of all blockbuster cinema.

aaron wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
Points were marked down for the video transfer, 4.5/5.
Yes. I'm not sure why though. The transfer looks fantastic and, unlike TDK, they have restored full saturation and color to the picture rather than a desaturated image like in TDK. And the IMAX scenes are godly. I was pretty astonished by them in theaters but it's still super cool to see the picture like that in a home theater system. Here's to IMAX being the future of all blockbuster cinema.
Nope. 35mm upped the contrast quite a lot while still managing to be soft and have some detail washed out. IMAX has upped the contrast a bit as well. I saw Rises seven times on a five/six story screen, I have a really good idea of how it's supposed to look. It's a bit overcooked.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
aaron wrote: Yes. I'm not sure why though. The transfer looks fantastic and, unlike TDK, they have restored full saturation and color to the picture rather than a desaturated image like in TDK. And the IMAX scenes are godly. I was pretty astonished by them in theaters but it's still super cool to see the picture like that in a home theater system. Here's to IMAX being the future of all blockbuster cinema.
Nope. 35mm upped the contrast quite a lot while still managing to be soft and have some detail washed out. IMAX has upped the contrast a bit as well. I saw Rises seven times on a five/six story screen, I have a really good idea of how it's supposed to look. It's a bit overcooked.

-Vader
You see Lincoln yet?

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
You see Lincoln yet?
Sweet of you to care.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote: You see Lincoln yet?
Sweet of you to care.

-Vader
:wtf:

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
Sweet of you to care.

-Vader
:wtf: :wtf:

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Allstar wrote:
:wtf: :wtf:

-Vader
Was it a difficult question to answer?

Vader182 wrote:
aaron wrote: Yes. I'm not sure why though. The transfer looks fantastic and, unlike TDK, they have restored full saturation and color to the picture rather than a desaturated image like in TDK. And the IMAX scenes are godly. I was pretty astonished by them in theaters but it's still super cool to see the picture like that in a home theater system. Here's to IMAX being the future of all blockbuster cinema.

-Vader
Well, I saw it four on an eight-story high IMAX screen with 12,000 watts of surround sound and a personal subwoofer in my Tempur-Pedic seat. So I have a good idea of how it should look, too. I hope it's nothing too bad that bothers me.

And I know, all that other information was unnecessary...but I like to say it.

Did anyone else download the extras? I did, uploadin one of em as we speak.