The Dark Knight Rises on Blu-ray/DVD

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
RyanRises wrote:
Red Hood wrote:A few days ago, I was at the Sony store and they were showing TDKR in 3D. I know the movie was not shooting 3D or released in 3D. The Sony TV had a setting where you could turn 2D Blu-Rays and regular TV into 3D.
:sick: :facepalm:
I didn't like it either. But it was a cool trick on the TV.

are the dvd/br extras on the internet somewhere? Can't find em

RyanRises wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote: Is that because of the 35mm scenes having a contrast that is too damn high? I absolutely LOVE the IMAX scenes in that though!
:? The IMAX scenes are some of the worst.
What? For which movie? And how so?

nolangoatdirector wrote:
RyanRises wrote: :? The IMAX scenes are some of the worst.
What? For which movie? And how so?
TDK.

Color off on most scenes, 35mm scenes have alot of black cush, over exposure on day time scenes, ect...
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
nolangoatdirector wrote: What? For which movie? And how so?
TDK.

Color off on most scenes, 35mm scenes have alot of black cush, over exposure on day time scenes, ect...
So is it still better to get TDK on bluray? Or is dvd a better option?

Well, I finally got The Dark Knight Rises Steelbook from Father Christmas. I'll start my Dark Knight Trilogy Marathon after Christmas is all over and done with.

RyanRises wrote:
nolangoatdirector wrote: What? For which movie? And how so?
TDK.

The IMAX scenes are fine. It's the 35mm that suffers. The Blu-ray file is from the IMAX master; the IMAX sequences are accurate and widely regarded as reference level material.

Crazy Eight wrote:
RyanRises wrote: TDK.

The IMAX scenes are fine. It's the 35mm that suffers. The Blu-ray file is from the IMAX master; the IMAX sequences are accurate and widely regarded as reference level material.
Not sure if this can be seen as an accurate reference level. Comparisons between DVD-IMAX Prologue and Blu-ray.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1089714/the-d ... arison-pix
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
Not sure if this can be seen as an accurate reference level. Comparisons between DVD-IMAX Prologue and Blu-ray.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1089714/the-d ... arison-pix
I'm going to assume you're referring to the initially released prologue with the Batman Begins Blu-ray, not the DVD of the film. That prologue comes from the same source as the prologue released in IMAX theaters, 7 months prior to the release of the actual film. Color grading goes far past 6 months prior to a release, with rare exception. It's not a transfer flaw; the prologue release prior to the film simply had not undergone it's -final- color grade.

I personally dont have a lot of issues with the TDK blu-ray. All this talk of edge enhancement , etc is something I don't notice. But I'm not a hardcore videophile like some people. To my eye it's a pretty nice looking blu-ray, with a sharp image. Though Rises is definitely superior overall.

I think Rises could use better clarity in some of it's 35mm scenes though.