Bane WAS NOT a pawn

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I'm sure this topic has been discussed here but I'm getting sick and tired of seeing people say this on message boards and blogs. So what if Talia al Ghul was the one running the show the whole time? That doesn't make Bane a pawn. An example of a pawn would be someone like the Scarecrow in Batman Begins. The dude was clearly in over his head, did not share the same ideals and beliefs as the League of Shadows, and wasn't made aware of the entire plan to destroy Gotham. As Ra's says when he finally shows up in Gotham, "He thought our plan was to hold the city to ransom." Bane on the other hand plays a radically different role. He's actively involved in the planning and execution of the League of Shadows' scheme in The Dark Knight Rises. What is more, both Bane and Talia shared the same ideology. He, like Talia, was willing to die in a nuclear blast to rid the world of a city that they both regarded as being beyond saving. That is not the action nor is it the behavior of a simple pawn.

We know...
Brave New World

Agreed wholeheartedly. I don't know why everyone is saying that Bane was relegated to a lesser role. They're both leaders of the LOS, they both helped in the planning and execution. Is it really so hard to believe that there can be two leaders of the organization?

Anyway, the point that Bane is a pawn or somehow lesser is invalidated as soon as he decides to pick up the shotgun and kill Bruce against Talia's orders. He's still independent. He's still a leader. He's still Bane.
ryan4butler wrote:We know...
:lol: :twothumbsup:

He's not a pawn but he's less interesting (imo) being a soldier for the LOS. He would have been more unique had he had his own motivations and his own plan. The LOS just wasn't necessary in this movie. I don't have a problem with it, but it wasn't needed - imo.

stanley wrote:He's not a pawn but he's less interesting (imo) being a soldier for the LOS. He would have been more unique had he had his own motivations and his own plan. The LOS just wasn't necessary in this movie. I don't have a problem with it, but it wasn't needed - imo.
Thats like ssaying Ra's didnt have his own plan. He was given the duty to fufil Ra's Al Ghul's unfinished buissnes with new, better tactics.
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:
stanley wrote:He's not a pawn but he's less interesting (imo) being a soldier for the LOS. He would have been more unique had he had his own motivations and his own plan. The LOS just wasn't necessary in this movie. I don't have a problem with it, but it wasn't needed - imo.
Thats like ssaying Ra's didnt have his own plan. He was given the duty to fufil Ra's Al Ghul's unfinished buissnes with new, better tactics.
His plan was Talia's plan, at least partly. My point is Bane was an LOS soldier. His motivations were to fulfill somebody elses goal / vision (Ra's / Talia). That makes him less interesting to me personally, then had he been working on his own accord, for his own reasons, and plan.

stanley wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: Thats like ssaying Ra's didnt have his own plan. He was given the duty to fufil Ra's Al Ghul's unfinished buissnes with new, better tactics.
His plan was Talia's plan, at least partly. My point is Bane was an LOS soldier. His motivations were to fulfill somebody elses goal / vision (Ra's / Talia). That makes him less interesting to me personally, then had he been working on his accord, for his own reasons, and plan.
The LoS goal is a universal goal of bring order to civilization. They've took it upon them selfs to do this. The LoS is not a new thing. "Like constantinople and rome before it..." Ra's Al Ghul was the current head of The LoS. Bane cant be compared to anyone except Bruce who would have been in charge of destroying Gotham.
Brave New World

The LOS connections definitely don't make Bane a lesser character. They enhance the parallels between his character and Batman. Also, this movie had to have LOS return in some capacity. It would have been ridiculous to drop them in the first installment considering that they're a massive organization. A new leader has to step up. Or leaders, in this case. And those leaders are Bane and Talia. Don't know why that's such a big deal or a problem. I think it works perfectly well.

slimshady247 wrote:The LOS connections definitely don't make Bane a lesser character. They enhance the parallels between his character and Batman. Also, this movie had to have LOS return in some capacity. It would have been ridiculous to drop them in the first installment considering that they're a massive organization. A new leader has to step up. Or leaders, in this case. And those leaders are Bane and Talia. Don't know why that's such a big deal or a problem. I think it works perfectly well.
Talia inherited controle of The LoS while Bane owed his life to the cause. If anything, he was more devoted to the plan rather than Talia. I felt like her main goal was to get revenge for her fathers death.
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:
slimshady247 wrote:The LOS connections definitely don't make Bane a lesser character. They enhance the parallels between his character and Batman. Also, this movie had to have LOS return in some capacity. It would have been ridiculous to drop them in the first installment considering that they're a massive organization. A new leader has to step up. Or leaders, in this case. And those leaders are Bane and Talia. Don't know why that's such a big deal or a problem. I think it works perfectly well.
Talia inherited controle of The LoS while Bane owed his life to the cause. If anything, he was more devoted to the plan rather than Talia. I felt like her main goal was to get revenge for her fathers death.
Agreed. :thumbup: