TDKR's dubbing

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I saw the movie three times with the german dubbing. They take these things quite seriously so it isn't really a problem. You already knew the voices of Bruce, Batman, Alfred, Gordon and Fox and the voices for John Blake and Miranda Tate, where the same as in Inception.
The big problem is Bane. It's the same voice as in Inception, but I think the actor tries to hard to do the voice/accent, whatever you want to call it, which sometimes makes Bane sound stupid. But you adjust to that fairly quickly. Other than that the german dubbing is very good, but of course, nothing is as good as the original.

Saw it once in Russian dubbed. The voices they picked (especially the work done on Bane) were great, the intonation on the other hand not so much. Also one of the biggest annoyances - changes of phrases. Instead of "Why do we Fall" we get "Why did you fall" (which is a mismatch even with the Begins dub), instead of "Fear will find you again" you get "Fear will give you strength", and also "Come with me, save yourself" was changed to "save yourself" as in 'you go off and save yourself' instead of Selina asking him to save himself by coming with her.

Did anyone see the French-Canadian dubbing?

Red Hood wrote:Did anyone see the French-Canadian dubbing?
Yes
Really happy to see there's other NolanFans in Quebec :wave:
I saw it my first time in french canadian and it was pretty good...I wasn't a big fan of Bane's dubbing but many of my friends were. Gordon, Fox and Batman have the same voices in the 2 other movies so I was happy with that. Indiana Jones has 4 different voices in the four films (I HATE IT)
-The Best part of the Dubbing was Catwoman (a perfect voice I loved her even more than the original)
-Caine and Fox have such wonderful voices, the dubbers are ok but compared to the original it's still bad
-I don't understand the hate for Cotillard's dubbing :think: , she dubbed herself and they kept that voice for the french canadian version

I can't wait to see it. TDK's dubbing in French-canadian, especially the Joker, was simply amazing, contrary to our dubbing where the voice actor butchered it.

And for Cotillard's dubbing, it's because I felt like she didn't get involved into her dubbing. I felt like she was stuck to the dubbing screen, slowly reading each one of her lines as if she were blind. I didn't really feel any emotion.

For those who say they couldn't stand to listen to a dubbed movie; this is normal. BatMan528491 sums it up perfectly, it's about habit. I've always been used to listening to dubbed movies so to me, it's nothing shocking. But like I said, it's not a topic about praising/hating on dubbing. Haters can pass their way, thanks.

(Sorry for the double post, I didn't have the time to finish my previous one and I can't edit it.)

MWalls, this is exactly why voice actors shouldn't try to imitate an accent or a stress from a language to one that doesn't work the same way. In French, most of the time, we don't dub accents because we don't have an equivalent good enough for that. It is usually replaced with the energy the voice actor gives to the character. On the other hand, some universal accents such as Pavel's russian one, are taken into account in the dubbed version.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Yes
I saw it my first time in french canadian and it was pretty good...I wasn't a big fan of Bane's dubbing but many of my friends were. Gordon, Fox and Batman have the same voices in the 2 other movies so I was happy with that. Indiana Jones has 4 different voices in the four films (I HATE IT)
-The Best part of the Dubbing was Catwoman (a perfect voice I loved her even more than the original)
-Caine and Fox have such wonderful voices, the dubbers are ok but compared to the original it's still bad
-I don't understand the hate for Cotillard's dubbing :think: , she dubbed herself and they kept that voice for the french canadian version
Did Bane have the "Cyber Satan" voice?

Red Hood wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Yes
Did Bane have the "Cyber Satan" voice?
You mean the voice from the trailers? no it's completely different
I agree with SomeFrenchToast that The Joker's voice was great in french canadian dub

Well while we're at it, I have a question that is somehow related: do you think, or has it been confirmed, that Hardy re-dubbed the entire movie just like the prologue? This question comes to mind as I realized a while ago that his "Your punishment must be more severe" line doesn't sound the same at all in the movie and in the third trailer.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:Well while we're at it, I have a question that is somehow related: do you think, or has it been confirmed, that Hardy re-dubbed the entire movie just like the prologue? This question comes to mind as I realized a while ago that his "Your punishment must be more severe" line doesn't sound the same at all in the movie and in the third trailer.
I don't think so; the "When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die" line sounded the same to me as in the first major trailer.