To all the people bitching about "logic gaps"

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Zimmeredge wrote:\

They shot the movie in India but maybe the prison is not even located in India.
Ummm - have you been to India to really know?
Heck have we've been all over the earth to know?

wit
Consider me schooled. There are no problems with this film. We could probably whittle this message board down to one thread about how awesome the movie was. Just a word of caution, the minute you stop looking they will give you Jar Jar Binks.... Just sayin'.

The last 2 posts are the reason why It's so hard for me to visit this board these days and when I do it I end up leaving in like 1 minute.

FirelordSylar wrote:Also, it's perfectly feasible that Bruce can get from India to Gotham. He probs have hidden funds stored around the world in various places, he's Batman after all. He would also have a hidden way into Gotham, once again, he's Batman.
Lol yeah everything is getting overanalyzed. I have to watch the movie again, but if those special forces guys can get into Gotham (they did right), the god damn Batman can make it into Gotham from anywhere with next to nothing. If Bruce Wayne can climb out of that prison he can make it back to Gotham. Not a plot hole at all.

FirelordSylar wrote:You do realized this is a comic book movie right? THE WHOLE FUCKING THING IS A LOGIC GAP!!. I'm sick and tired of seeing people bitch about "how bruce get's from India into Gotham?"
In my opinion, that's the thing, though. The other films in the series didn't feel like "comic book movies." But TDKR does. It feels exactly like a comic book movie ala The Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, Green Lantern, etc, etc, etc, where it wants us to just believe that certain things can happen because we're not supposed to be taking the movie seriously anyways.

That doesn't mean it's bad. It's quite good, but it's ultimately forgettable just like any other silly superhero movie. What made the Nolan Batman films so unique is that they weren't silly superhero movies. They were very reality based and while at times they weren't very realistic, they took their audience seriously which gave them a somber tone that made you respect them. They were meticulously crafted and didn't just feel like they were tossed together to put something cool on screen so you can kill an afternoon.
When Catwoman disappears from Batman and he quips, "So that's what that feels like." it felt out of place because it's something self deprecating that Iron Man would say, not Nolan's Batman because we take Batman seriously, unlike Iron Man. And when Catwoman shoots Bane in what should be an important scene, she then quips, "Yeah, that no using guns thing? It's just not for me." it really highlighted just how light and silly this movie was in comparison to the others. I can't imagine Bruce after killing Harvey Dent at the end of TDK, standing above him and saying, "I should have given you a heads up!" because that would of been silly, instead the tone of that movie, unlike this one, was serious and somber and meant to be taken seriously so they didn't include the type of stuff other comic book movies do, because they weren't like other comic book movies. With the Nolan Batman films you never had to counter a logic gap with, "Because he's Batman! That's how he can do it!" because there really wasn't anything Batman ever did that made you think he couldn't do it and you had to ask questions about how he could, but in this one we're supposed to expect Bruce escape a prison that Bane is in charge of, get back to Gotham, a city Bane has cut off from the outside world by destroying/guarding all entrances and exits so nobody can come in or escape, get in contact with Miranda, a woman Bane is in cahoots with, and then believe Bane just wouldn't find out that Bruce is back and act surprised when he does find out. Not to mention believe that Bruce is able to learn how to fly a plane in the course of a single afternoon that includes him leaving Wayne manor for the first time in years, seeing a doctor, visiting Gordon, addressing the press, etc. We're supposed to just believe that he simply took a 5 minute pilots course in the middle of his busy schedule and could fly this top-secret highly advanced piece of machinery. And that's not the mention the other silly things the story does like Selina always betraying Bruce and Bruce still trusting her time and time again on the basis of, "I know there's more to you."
Again, it wasn't a bad movie, it was just as good, if not better, than any other forgettable and disposable superhero movie we seem to get every couple weeks, but ultimately that's the biggest let down because we expected so much more from it.

Well people wants to prove that they are quite intellectual and hence the comparisons . It is not even TDk , members are finding PLOT HOLES like cats n dogs and making it sound like huge FLOP and embarrassment for Nolan. And sometime comparisons goes beyond the level of comic book/superhero movies, as if they are comparing TDKR with mainstream serious cinemas of Fellini , Godard , Bergman , Tarkovsky etc etc...

Why read comic books itself if you want logical reasoning of each and every happenings . Then the whole standpoint of BATMAN itself is diminished . People needs to grow up and have some balls to appreciate the hard works of a truly outstanding Director.

People seem to forget Bruce still had access to Wayne Manner- where he surely has kept a myriad of his gadgets, and I'm positive he would've had multiple methods of entry because of them, including his suit.

-Vader

Zimmeredge wrote:
FirelordSylar wrote:You do realized this is a comic book movie right? THE WHOLE FUCKING THING IS A LOGIC GAP!!. I'm sick and tired of seeing people bitch about "how bruce get's from India into Gotham?"

Really, you're gonna question that. Not how he affords all the Batman toys and nobody other than Blake can put 2 and 2 together, not how Bane is literally able to take over a city, which would never work in the real world, not the multitudes of other stuff that is from a comic book movie. The very idea of super heroes, and of Batman is a fucking logic gap. You're supposed to suspend disbelief in a comic book movie. Just like you're supposed to suspend disbelief in a comic book.

Also, it's perfectly feasible that Bruce can get from India to Gotham. He probs have hidden funds stored around the world in various places, he's Batman after all. He would also have a hidden way into Gotham, once again, he's Batman.

As for John Blake knowing, he was obviously smart enough to put 2 and 2 together, I mean honestly, only one guy in the city could possibly be him. He also knew that the Bruce Wayne he saw when he was younger was the fake.
They shot the movie in India but maybe the prison is not even located in India.
They set up establishing shots which were meant to signify it was in a Foreign place far away from Gotham. It may not of been India, but it sure wasn't upstate Gotham where families go for an afternoon picnic to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. It was meant to show it was basically on the other side of the world.

Escaping a bank robbery in a school bus, aerially kidnapping a corporate executive from a Hong Kong high rise while escaping the notice of China's air force, rigging a controlled detonation of a hospital without anyone noticing - happens all the time, very realistic and believable

"the Lamborghini then, much more subtle"; "let her go ... very poor choice of words." No levity to be found in The Dark Knight, none at all :crazy:

talk about selective criticism
Last edited by Fallon on July 23rd, 2012, 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nolanlove wrote:Why read comic books itself if you want logical reasoning of each and every happenings . Then the whole standpoint of BATMAN itself is diminished . People needs to grow up and have some balls to appreciate the hard works of a truly outstanding Director.
Maybe some of us don't read comic books and find them silly and childish but really enjoyed the Nolan Batman films because they weren't anything like the other comic book movies that come out seemingly every week, but feel TDKR was exactly like the other comic book movies that come out all the time, hence the uniqueness that appealed to non-comic book fans was gone.

And I don't think Nolan reads comic book movies, either. I can't imagine him ever going back to them as source material again. Maybe if he hits hard times and just needs a quick hit to get him financially back on track, but chances are he's leaving this genre and never looking back. His creative vision is far more ambitious than superheroes that fly and shoot lasers out of their eyes.