To all the people bitching about "logic gaps"

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Zimmeredge wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
Maybe some of us don't read comic books and find them silly and childish but really enjoyed the Nolan Batman films because they weren't anything like the other comic book movies that come out seemingly every week, but feel TDKR was exactly like the other comic book movies that come out all the time, hence the uniqueness that appealed to non-comic book fans was gone.

And I don't think Nolan reads comic book movies, either. I can't imagine him ever going back to them as source material again. Maybe if he hits hard times and just needs a quick hit to get him financially back on track, but chances are he's leaving this genre and never looking back. His creative vision is far more ambitious than superheroes that fly and shoot lasers out of their eyes.
TDKR is, by far, the best movie of the summer (year???). Batman/Bruce Wayne still has the maturity we've watched in previous movie. Because of two or three jokes here and there, Batman has become childish, silly and a "Marvel-like" super hero. Nolan had made plenty of jokes throughout the Batman saga. It's unbearable to read that his movie is, sometimes, silly because he want a bit of humour in his movie. It's a true super hero movie and also a true Nolan movie except this time he allowed himself to put more "super hero stuff".

Come on go watch Amazing Spider, the guy is loosing his parents, his uncle and his step father. He has always promised them to change, to be a good lad, to protect the good citizen and leave his girlfriend alone for his own safety. But he fails all the way. The guy has no moral code.
Let's not forget Avengers childish whim! Those guys are on their 40's or 50's and they can't stop acting like "how's got the biggest?" while a moron, less charismatic vilain ever created take over the planet. And then because of a so-called important character (Agent Coulson btw) died they are as united as a brotherhood. Come on? that's a nonsense!

Iron Man was a pretentious character. Not a childish one. He was acting like child at beginning of Iron Man 1. And act like an adult at the end. It was a pretty serious movie. The last great Marvel.
But you could say the same things about TDKR.
Bruce is sad because his girlfriend died 8 years ago then another madman who wants to destroy Gotham comes to the city with a ticking timebomb to cut it off from the rest of the world not allowing anyone in or out and beats up Batman and puts him in an inescapable prison which he somehow escapes and somehow gets back to Gotham where he flies a super secret advanced airplane and him and his friends defeat the mad man and also make him cry then they destroy the ticking time bomb and save the city!
I do think TKDR is a lot better than the other nerd movies and is probably the best comic book flick, but it's in the same genre, while the other films in the series, particularly TDK are easy to be taken seriously as actual films and not just silly comic book movies. Ultimately, that's the beef there seems to be with the new one. It's not bad, it's quite fun, but it's just another nerd movie. So much more was expected of it.

Golden Age wrote:People shouldn't get so upset that others didn't like a movie as much as you may have. Movies are a subjective medium and are open to personal taste and opinion.

I can totally see how people could love TDKR and The Avengers, but I can also see how others, like myself, just don't find those types of movies appealing and what we did find appealing about Nolan's Batman franchise was the fact it took the audience seriously and wasn't just another comic book movie with silly and corny moments galore. TDKR just doesn't appeal to some of us the way the other films in Nolan's series did. There's nothing wrong with that.

So you do not believe in TDKR because of two or three jokes. A fast trip from India (or wherever) to Gotham city.

But you do believe that Batman can survive the ending of Begins when we was attached to the monotrain with a cable, destroy a bridge and go throughout this without a concussion?
That he can survive a clean dive in Dark Knight when saving Rachel after Wayne's Penthouse event with the Joker? And of course he is bulleproof at the end of the movie with another clean dive to kill Harvey Dent.

Come be serious with your argument!

Golden Age wrote:
Zimmeredge wrote:
TDKR is, by far, the best movie of the summer (year???). Batman/Bruce Wayne still has the maturity we've watched in previous movie. Because of two or three jokes here and there, Batman has become childish, silly and a "Marvel-like" super hero. Nolan had made plenty of jokes throughout the Batman saga. It's unbearable to read that his movie is, sometimes, silly because he want a bit of humour in his movie. It's a true super hero movie and also a true Nolan movie except this time he allowed himself to put more "super hero stuff".

Come on go watch Amazing Spider, the guy is loosing his parents, his uncle and his step father. He has always promised them to change, to be a good lad, to protect the good citizen and leave his girlfriend alone for his own safety. But he fails all the way. The guy has no moral code.
Let's not forget Avengers childish whim! Those guys are on their 40's or 50's and they can't stop acting like "how's got the biggest?" while a moron, less charismatic vilain ever created take over the planet. And then because of a so-called important character (Agent Coulson btw) died they are as united as a brotherhood. Come on? that's a nonsense!

Iron Man was a pretentious character. Not a childish one. He was acting like child at beginning of Iron Man 1. And act like an adult at the end. It was a pretty serious movie. The last great Marvel.
Bruce is sad because his girlfriend died 8 years ago then another madman who wants to destroy Gotham comes to the city with a ticking timebomb to cut it off from the rest of the world not allowing anyone in or out and beats up Batman and puts him in an inescapable prison which he somehow escapes and somehow gets back to Gotham where he flies a super secret advanced airplane and him and his friends defeat the mad man and also make him cry then they destroy the ticking time bomb and save the city!
I do think TKDR is a lot better than the other nerd movies and is probably the best comic book flick, but it's in the same genre, while the other films in the series, particularly TDK are easy to be taken seriously as actual films and not just silly comic book movies. Ultimately, that's the beef there seems to be with the new one. It's not bad, it's quite fun, but it's just another nerd movie. So much more was expected of it.
The fact that you think TDKR is just another silly comic book movie shows me that you completely missed the points of the film, and/or you are too close minded to get what it was going for.

Golden Age should really just quit posting here. He makes no sense whatsoever. And he knows he baits people into arguments... Sigh. Troll confirmed.

Golden Age wrote:
Zimmeredge wrote:

Bat fans will be just amazed by that movie (and it's a Batman movie). Nerd? Because of two or three jokes? Not at all.

Talia Al Ghul is far more charismatic than Loki was. Pointless to talk about it. You expect TDK 2.0. You did make a mistake in believing something like that.

"beats up Batman and puts him in an inescapable prison"- the best part of your show. Do you remember that a child girl escape from that prison? Do you remember "the training is nothing, the will is everything, the will to act" from Ducar/Al Ghul in Begins?

Your attempt to defend your point of view is awkward my friend. Stop with the "taste and colors" leitmotiv. If you express your point of view in forum it means you are here to debate with other people who might not have the same of view.

RIFA wrote:Golden Age should really just quit posting here. He makes no sense whatsoever. And he knows he baits people into arguments... Sigh. Troll confirmed.
Death or Exile :judge:
:lol:

Zimmeredge wrote:
Golden Age wrote:People shouldn't get so upset that others didn't like a movie as much as you may have. Movies are a subjective medium and are open to personal taste and opinion.

I can totally see how people could love TDKR and The Avengers, but I can also see how others, like myself, just don't find those types of movies appealing and what we did find appealing about Nolan's Batman franchise was the fact it took the audience seriously and wasn't just another comic book movie with silly and corny moments galore. TDKR just doesn't appeal to some of us the way the other films in Nolan's series did. There's nothing wrong with that.

So you do not believe in TDKR because of two or three jokes. A fast trip from India (or wherever) to Gotham city.

But you do believe that Batman can survive the ending of Begins when we was attached to the monotrain with a cable, destroy a bridge and go throughout this without a concussion?
That he can survive a clean dive in Dark Knight when saving Rachel after Wayne's Penthouse event with the Joker? And of course he is bulleproof at the end of the movie with another clean dive to kill Harvey Dent.

Sure I can. Bruce had gadgets he used and while it may not be realistic, it was quite serious and done in a way that didn't make you think to yourself, "yeah, right." the way the plots in The Avengers and Iron Man, etc play out.
It wasn't hard for me to believe Bruce was able to get back to Gotham in BB, but he also had left on his own accord and BB didn't feature a main plot point of nobody being allowed in or out of Gotham the way TDKR did. Not to mention Bane not realizing Bruce had escaped from the prison he put him in that he's in charge of or that Bruce had not only somehow gotten back into this inpenetratable city, but was in contact and running around with a character Bane was in cahoots with. It's silly to think when Bane see's that Batman has returned, he says, "How can it be?!" And if in BB or TDK, Bruce just somehow learns to fly a highly advanced fighter jet and dodging all the bad guys missiles with aerial moves, that probably would have taken the seriousness of those films down a notch, too.

My gripe is those who gripe about Batman finding his way back to the city . He is the godamn Batman .... We see him jump onto moving planes from buildings but this something that bothers you ?

Bane and Talia underestimated the will of Bruce Wayne as did some of you :judge:

Golden Age wrote:
Zimmeredge wrote:

Sure I can. Bruce had gadgets he used and while it may not be realistic, it was quite serious and done in a way that didn't make you think to yourself, "yeah, right." the way the plots in The Avengers and Iron Man, etc play out.
It wasn't hard for me to believe Bruce was able to get back to Gotham in BB, but he also had left on his own accord and BB didn't feature a main plot point of nobody being allowed in or out of Gotham the way TDKR did. Not to mention Bane not realizing Bruce had escaped from the prison he put him in that he's in charge of or that Bruce had not only somehow gotten back into this inpenetratable city, but was in contact and running around with a character Bane was in cahoots with. It's silly to think when Bane see's that Batman has returned, he says, "How can it be?!" And if in BB or TDK, Bruce just somehow learns to fly a highly advanced fighter jet and dodging all the bad guys missiles with aerial moves, that probably would have taken the seriousness of those films down a notch, too.

you first say it's realistic now you say it's serious. I don't get your point definitely. Your lack of willingness to believe that he can make it out is a nonsense. How can you be stubborn?

This guy is Batman and Bruce Wayne so he's either a vigilante who stops criminals with his hands or one the most powerful guy in the world and you think he can't get back to Gotham?

How can you believe he survive a gunshot+clean dive and take it seriously without telling yourself "he can make it because he is Batman!". And Rachel's clean dive too. How can you believe he can hang to a train and not get killed by that bridge he went through and take it seriously (or realisticly) without telling yourself "he can make it because he is Batman!".

being Batman means you're mean of great power, strenght and willingness.

This is evident in almost all of Nolan's works. With the big budget action movies (the Dark Knight Trilogy & Inception) he allows these 'gaps' to keep the story moving. I'd go so far as to say it's part of the style of moviemaking (See Star Wars, Indiana Jones, The new Trek, etc.). Some of these worlds are a little more 'fantastical' than Nolan's films exist in, but I think that's irrelevant.