? for others who hav watched the prologue 100 times (spoils)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I have watched the prologue countless times and could recite it line for line so when watching the prologue on the big screen I couldn't believe how much they had changed and how different it was. I hate to say it, but it was a lot worse. They had cut stuff out and it was edited completely different. And Bane's voice was awful. Sure, you could understand it better, but that was only because it sounded completely fake and every word was dramatized to the point of eye rolling. "NO SURVIVOOOOORRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" yeah, pretty much. He sounded like a satire of himself. Like if SNL had done a skit about how silly the Bane character can be, except it was the actual Bane character.

Now others may have really liked the new version of the prologue and Bane's voice, and that's cool too, but even if you liked it, you gotta admit it was completely different than the version that was attached to Mission Impossible.

I'm kind of bummed Nolan changed it so dramatically. I didn't think he would cave, and if he did, I didn't think he would change it so much. The old voice had a mechanical tone, but it sounded right while this new version is just over the top and almost embarrassing in how drawn out each pronunciation is.

Anyways, whether you loved it or hated it, can those of you who could recite the prologue word for word notice how different it was?

Golden Age wrote:I have watched the prologue countless times and could recite it line for line so when watching the prologue on the big screen I couldn't believe how much they had changed and how different it was. I hate to say it, but it was a lot worse. They had cut stuff out and it was edited completely different. And Bane's voice was awful. Sure, you could understand it better, but that was only because it sounded completely fake and every word was dramatized to the point of eye rolling. "NO SURVIVOOOOORRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" yeah, pretty much. He sounded like a satire of himself. Like if SNL had done a skit about how silly the Bane character can be, except it was the actual Bane character.

Now others may have really liked the new version of the prologue and Bane's voice, and that's cool too, but even if you liked it, you gotta admit it was completely different than the version that was attached to Mission Impossible.

I'm kind of bummed Nolan changed it so dramatically. I didn't think he would cave, and if he did, I didn't think he would change it so much. The old voice had a mechanical tone, but it sounded right while this new version is just over the top and almost embarrassing in how drawn out each pronunciation is.

Anyways, whether you loved it or hated it, can those of you who could recite the prologue word for word notice how different it was?
I've lurked here for a long time; but this notion made me want to sign and do something about this.

"This is a page to represent the number of people who want the restore Bane's original voice and dialogue before it was altered for theatrical release due to a backlash from a minority of the community back in December.

What came of the "tweak" was to put it bluntly a very awful dub because it was very apparent that the voice wasn't the same tone nor was the delivery the same as the rest of the lines that Bane delivered during the rest of the 239 minutes; Add to the fact that the lines were also mixed in with previously untouched line such as "Crashing this plane".

Nolan stated he would not change the voice, but then changed his mind and made altercations and not until we all heard it for ourselves did we realize this was a mistake.

This page to show the numbers of people wanting the original back, the same as it was shown in December for the forthcoming home release (DVD, Blu-ray) because this will be the definitive medium that people we come back to again and again."

http://www.facebook.com/BanesVoice

I mainly voice my opinion on IMDB, but I want to see how everyone here feels, hopefully more mature than those at IMDB.

ibax wrote:
Golden Age wrote:I have watched the prologue countless times and could recite it line for line so when watching the prologue on the big screen I couldn't believe how much they had changed and how different it was. I hate to say it, but it was a lot worse. They had cut stuff out and it was edited completely different. And Bane's voice was awful. Sure, you could understand it better, but that was only because it sounded completely fake and every word was dramatized to the point of eye rolling. "NO SURVIVOOOOORRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" yeah, pretty much. He sounded like a satire of himself. Like if SNL had done a skit about how silly the Bane character can be, except it was the actual Bane character.

I've lurked here for a long time; but this notion made me want to sign and do something about this.

"This is a page to represent the number of people who want the restore Bane's original voice and dialogue before it was altered for theatrical release due to a backlash from a minority of the community back in December.

What came of the "tweak" was to put it bluntly a very awful dub because it was very apparent that the voice wasn't the same tone nor was the delivery the same as the rest of the lines that Bane delivered during the rest of the 239 minutes; Add to the fact that the lines were also mixed in with previously untouched line such as "Crashing this plane".

Nolan stated he would not change the voice, but then changed his mind and made altercations and not until we all heard it for ourselves did we realize this was a mistake.

This page to show the numbers of people wanting the original back, the same as it was shown in December for the forthcoming home release (DVD, Blu-ray) because this will be the definitive medium that people we come back to again and again."

I mainly voice my opinion on IMDB, but I want to see how everyone here feels, hopefully more mature than those at IMDB.
This is stupid and you're stupid. You don't petition an artist to change their art if you don't like it. The Dark Knight Rises has the final version of Bane's voice, and if you don't like it, fucking deal with it.

As what many people said, Bane's new prologue voice was a big "FUCK YOU!" to the complainers.

Nelson wrote:
ibax wrote:

This is stupid and you're stupid. You don't petition an artist to change their art if you don't like it. The Dark Knight Rises has the final version of Bane's voice, and if you don't like it, fucking deal with it.
"You don't petition an artist to change their art if you don't like it."

Are you serious?, that's why it is like that in the first place.

Add to the fact that the 6 minutes of the plane scene don't match up to the remaining 240 minutes which he sounded great.

Not gonna lie I almost laughed from horror when I heard the changed voice.The original one was genius and this one...

Mr. Caine wrote:Not gonna lie I almost laughed from horror when I heard the changed voice.The original one was genius and this one...
I've heard many people say they thought it was a prank, the speakers were broke ... It took me right out of the film because I thought that would be his voice throughout, thankfully it wasn't which was great because Bane is awesome and the voice and the way he presents himself is much better than those first 6 minutes.

It seemed like Hardy didn't do the dubbing almost.

Nelson wrote:
ibax wrote:

:lol:
{=}

ibax wrote:
Nelson wrote:
"You don't petition an artist to change their art if you don't like it."

Are you serious?, that's why it is like that in the first place.

Add to the fact that the 6 minutes of the plane scene don't match up to the remaining 240 minutes which he sounded great.
If you don't think part of the reason they released the prologue was so Nolan could decide whether Bane's voice was understandable to the average Joe you're silly. It wasn't the final product. The score wasn't exactly the same either. Should that have remained the same too?

I dug the prologue voice because I understood it. But I dug the new prologue voice too. It's the same voice he uses through the whole film. He's just shouting. Because the plane is loud.