Your Thoughts On the "Dark Knight" Trilogy

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Batman Begins: 8/10
The Dark Knight: 9.5/10
The Dark Knight Rises: 9/10

Despite its flaws, the trilogy ranks up there with the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Just bloody superb. Whilst the weakest of the trilogy (feels a bit restrained in comparison to the other two :lol: ), Begins is still a very good film. Knight nailed pretty much everything it set out to do, has held its own over time, and remains a phenomenal film. With Rises, it will be a case of 'wait and see', but since my second viewing eradicated most of the problems I had from the first viewing.

The differences in quality are marginal, which is very impressive. :-D

i think the trilogy as a whole is great. the fact that people can debate on what's the best or their favorite out the series says a lot because each film is different, but great in their own way. none are perfect, but i think they each set out a necessary story that enhances and challenges the character(s) in every way. this isn't something you would expect in the so called "superhero" genre. i literally don't expect to ever see this type of quality in this particular genre, and if i do, it won't be for a long time. so, i love the trilogy. flaws & all.

Well, I've said this elsewhere, but I'm of the opinion that each film in the trilogy is a 10/10 in its own way. Not because any of the films are perfect. No film truly is. But they're still such excellent films that I'd give them all top marks anyway. I'd say Pfister was right to call it a perfect trilogy for a multitude of reasons. All three of the films are, again, great. They're all on the same level of quality, but they're all different in some sense or another. And its these differences that truly make it a matter of preference. All three may be on the same level, but I can understand why someone would pick any one of the three over the others. BB for its focus on the journey or as an origin story or some other reason. TDK for the Joker, the crime drama that unfolds, the fall of Harvey Dent, or something else. TDKR for the refocusing on Bruce, the brutality of Bane, the satisfying conclusion, or another reason. Perfect trilogy indeed.

slimshady247 wrote:Well, I've said this elsewhere, but I'm of the opinion that each film in the trilogy is a 10/10 in its own way. Not because any of the films are perfect. No film truly is. But they're still such excellent films that I'd give them all top marks anyway. I'd say Pfister was right to call it a perfect trilogy for a multitude of reasons. All three of the films are, again, great. They're all on the same level of quality, but they're all different in some sense or another. And its these differences that truly make it a matter of preference. All three may be on the same level, but I can understand why someone would pick any one of the three over the others. BB for its focus on the journey or as an origin story or some other reason. TDK for the Joker, the crime drama that unfolds, the fall of Harvey Dent, or something else. TDKR for the refocusing on Bruce, the brutality of Bane, the satisfying conclusion, or another reason. Perfect trilogy indeed.
Exactly. I've had the same feelings when I watched TDKR.

There's some inconsistencies in tone, style, production, between each film which hurts it's consistency as trilogy.

Nolan never set out to make a trilogy when he made Batman Begins. Nor did he set out to when he made the Dark Knight. Which is why each movie feels like it's own film. That's a bit of a double-edged sword, but it's also something that I enjoy about these movies. Every movie is very different and can stand on it's own , and you'll have people disagreeing what there favorite is. That's the mark of a good trilogy.

My favourite trilogy of all time. That's all I'll say.

Batman Begins - 8,8
The Dark Knight - 9,8
The Dark Knight Rises - 9,7

Best Trilogy I've seen I would say.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Great trilogy that's comparable with Indiana Jones, but not quite Star Wars and doesn't come close LOTR

Here's how I see the trilogy compared to Star Wars:

Star Wars = A classic
Empire = one of the greatest movies ever made
ROTJ = on par with Batman Begins

Batman Begins = pretty good movie. Strong storytelling, decent action that could have been better
Dark Knight = one of the greatest movies ever made
Dark Knight Rises = between ROTJ and Star Wars

So you got one great Dark Knight movie comparable to the greatest action/fantasy/sci-fi movies ever made like Empire Strikes Back, any LOTR title, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Inception, Terminator 2, etc... and followed by 2 solid movies, but not that close to the 1st Star Wars. Star Wars has 2 awesome movies and TDK trilogy has one.

With LOTR, every movie was epic and high quality. Not quite the case with the DK trilogy.

Here's how I'd rank them:

1. LOTR
2. Star Wars
3. TDK trilogy
4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones being last cause Temple of Doom was the weakest movie compared to any of the other movies in its or the other great movie trilogies.

As I've said before, Avengers has a small shot at topping TDK trilogy, but it needs that one super movie to make it happen. I think it could happen with Whedon at the helm. I've got the first Avengers movie over BB.. so thats a good start.

Chris435 wrote: With LOTR, every movie was epic and high quality. Not quite the case with the DK trilogy.
:facepalm: :thumbdown:

slimshady247 wrote:
Chris435 wrote: With LOTR, every movie was epic and high quality. Not quite the case with the DK trilogy.
:facepalm: :thumbdown:
IMO, Batman Begins nor does Dark Knight Rises compare to Star Wars (A New Hope). The Dark Knight though has proven that it is comparable to the behemoths of any of the big movie franchises though.

The general consensus on TDK is consistently super high, but with the other movies, opinions are a wee bit more mixed (well, certainly with BB). I'd say Rises was a great movie, but not quite what TDK was. I find it easier to pick at aspects of Rises compared to the other 2.

I find the TDK trilogy to be comparable to the Indiana Jones or the Dollars trilogy... one absolutely classic movie surrounded by 2 others that aren't quite at that level (IMO).