Criticisms of The Dark Knight Rises? (spoilers)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Vader182 wrote:Really? Nobody else thought the final chase was surprisingly quick and under-elaborate next to even the chase earlier in the film, the chase in BB, and the chase in TDK?

-Vader
i feel like i can't even properly comment on the final chase since i haven't seen it in IMAX yet. i can agree that it is definitely not as good as the chase in TDK, though, but that's one of greatest action sequences of all time. chase in BB, well, i could see it being better than that and maybe than the one earlier in TDKR.

people complain a lot about how Bane was dispatched but can we agree that it's ten times better than Katie Holmes tazering Scarecrow?

the impression i got from the final chase was not that it was under-elaborate, though, not at all. it wasn't as tense as it probably should have been but i thought spatially it was very sophisticated in the way it criss-crossed between the different players involved--the convoy, Selina, the Bat--and think it may be a very formally impressive sequence when i see it in the correct aspect ratio.

Throughout the film he is built up as a criminal mastermind, a brilliant leader and tactician who is always in control. Then with the reveal of Talia being the true villain, he became tossed aside. No longer the villain he was built up to be and completely undermined his character. Tossed aside pretty much in a way that seems to happen to a lot of third-installments.
I agree with this, I also thought his death was a bit anti climatic.

Based4Life wrote:
icetool wrote:the fact that Bane was Talias puppet made me a little angry. Other than that no complaints! Very close to perfection
Wasn't her puppet. They were life long friends.
Bane totally got friend zoned. Poor guy.

A moment of silence for our fallen bro.

Like I've said in the past, Bane wasn't a pawn. He's a true believer. This wasn't Crane in BB. He's what Bruce Wayne could have become had he made a very different choice in Batman Begins. He's an awesome warrior general. He got plenty of screentime and did well with it though I had some Bane-voice fatigue about halfway through. I'm sure there's some disappointment that
Catwoman killed Bane.
Devin Faraci's rumor at Badass Digest in March of 2011 and beyond set the stage for those of us following spoilers.

i think most everyone would have to agree, though, that this has by far the best hand-to-hand combat of any of the Batman films and that the first Bane and Batman fight is one of the better mano y mano cinema fights in recent memory.

darthnazgul wrote:My main complaint is Bane. Throughout the film he is built up as a criminal mastermind, a brilliant leader and tactician who is always in control. Then with the reveal of Talia being the true villain, he became tossed aside. No longer the villain he was built up to be and completely undermined his character. Tossed aside pretty much in a way that seems to happen to a lot of third-installments.

My second major complaint is the ending, even though it made a bit more sense the second time around I still think it should have been more ambiguous. Not overhaul it, just leave out a couple of lines and end the cafe section on Alfred smiling. Also now that I think about it Miranda and Bruce's relationship did feel forced, just feel like the film should have shown his reasons for his feelings a bit more beyond just using her as an emotional counter-weight.

Other than that, just minor nitpicks really. Like central park in NY being pretty obvious in one of the shots. I keep hearing that there were too many red herrings but honestly I couldn't think of there being too many. All in all stuff didn't get in the way of the narrative coherence.
He wasn't a pawn to Talia, imo. I feel that they were both equally in control, and shared the exact same ideology which allowed them to work different functions in the LOS. Bane took up the physical, Talia took up the mental. This isn't like Star Wars, where Vader was a pure pawn to Sidious.

How long is a day meant to be in Gotham? Bane invaded the morning stock exchange, set off a program that took 8 minutes to load or something, biked off and it was then suddenly nighttime? I'm sure it went day/night loads of times after they only had 12 hours before the bomb went off. And also,
If the little kid was the only person to ever break out of the awful prison ever, how did bane get out?

I think this might be my favorite of the three but my criticisms would be:

1) I thought Bat Girl was way too powerful, fighting wise. I would have had no problem if we knew how she learned to fight or if she had some kind of back story. I mean look what Bruce Wayne had to go through to learn how to fight like he did. Plus she handled the Batcycle way too well, considering she never drove it before. She drove it just as well as Batman.

2) Bane: There was no Bane POV at all...As in we rarely saw him on his own or got to know those closest to him. There was really no character development other than what Bruce was told and Bane mainly only did destructive things, so there was no human element.

3) Overall there just seemed to be so much crammed in to this movie. It would have been nice to have more of a feel for what Gotham was like under Bane's rule. I get the feeling that a lot was trimmed and hopefully there will be a directors cut Blu-ray released in the winter.

acer4666 wrote:How long is a day meant to be in Gotham? Bane invaded the morning stock exchange, set off a program that took 8 minutes to load or something, biked off and it was then suddenly nighttime? I'm sure it went day/night loads of times after they only had 12 hours before the bomb went off. And also,
If the little kid was the only person to ever break out of the awful prison ever, how did bane get out?
To your first point, it felt like it took place in the evening at certain angles. Though I could see where you're coming from.
They show it, Ra's finds him but of course kicks him out of the League of Shadows later.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender