[SPOILERS] Plot Holes

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Dan_87 wrote:
Red Hood wrote:
My bet on how Bruce gets to Gotham, walks to the nearest bus stop after climbing to the pit, goes to the nearest airport, arrives at nearest city to Gotham, takes a cab to Wayne Manor, flys the Bat to Gotham (if the special ops can make it into Gotham, so can Bruce.)
there's one explanation in another forum that i think is very good:
if he cant even cross a god damn river to sneak back into the city he does not deserved to be the batman
the prison is in Mexico (it says so on IMdB under the FaQ section) so it would not be impossible to get to wayne manor by land or air, seeing as this house is outside of the city limits.

Lol at IMDB
I read that as well that the prison is in Mexico but that seems so incorrect it's embarrassing. They were not speaking Spanish in the prison. Definitely sounds Middle Eastern, plus the chant is in Arabic apparently.

Batfan175 wrote:
Dan_87 wrote:
there's one explanation in another forum that i think is very good:
if he cant even cross a god damn river to sneak back into the city he does not deserved to be the batman
the prison is in Mexico (it says so on IMdB under the FaQ section) so it would not be impossible to get to wayne manor by land or air, seeing as this house is outside of the city limits.
Didn't he tell Harvey Wayne Manor was in the city limits? "You oughtta know where your jurisdiction ends?"

mratm23 wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:
Didn't he tell Harvey Wayne Manor was in the city limits? "You oughtta know where your jurisdiction ends?"
It's inside the city limits but you can clearly see from one of the first shots after the prologue that it's across the bridge and therefore off the island.

Since when do we trust IMDb? This is the same site that actually listed DiCaprio as the Riddler in TDKR at one point. :facepalm:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

In Batman Begins Bruce...(don't know why I'm putting a spoiler tag on this, if you haven't seen BmBegins
then you're probably in the wrong forum....anyway....
In Batman begins, Bruce Wayne stows away on a ship, travels the world without money or resources
for 7 years. He manages to climb a glacier and a mountain by himself. The guy knows how to get
around. (maybe he got his mates the South Korean smugglers to drop him off ? ha ha.
Lots of folks have posted reasonable explanations about how he could have made it back.
Yes, we do have to suspend disbelief that he arrived the day before the bomb was due to go off - although
we don't know this for sure, he could have arrived earlier which explains how he found Selina..
...he went looking for her.
It's also not unreasonable to imagine he had resources stashed away, this is a guy who has Batpods and
spare suits of body armour stashed around the city.

I agree that stowing away on a food truck is a pretty reasonable explanation, there's also the tunnel that
Selina un-blocked, maybe there was enough space in the barricade for Bruce to slip through.
I'm kind of surprised that people picked on that one detail.
Personally, I'm still more hung up on the speed the Bat would have to travel to get the bomb a safe distance
from Gotham, but that's been pretty thoroughly explored. (he could have ejected long before the bomb went off,
after setting the auto-pilot, but we see him in the cockpit -although as someone pointed out, we don't know that its
the cockpit of the Bat that was flying out to sea (depends how many he had stashed -we know there was another one
back at Wayne enterprises, which is what the techs Fox is talking to are working on.
Anyway, blah blah blah. Somehow he got out in time and that's all that matters
Still an awesome film ! The best of 2012 !

Taken from posts across various movie boards,
Bikes At The Stock Exchange
He already had his men placed as workers there..No wonder they managed to bring bikes in there..And although I don't know about that building at all, but if it had a basment parking, then i can certainly imagine that once under siege, the captors can achieve something of that sort...
Security at Applied Sciences-In ‘The Dark Knight’, Batman himself couldn’t get into the Applied Sciences division at Wayne Towers without Lucius Fox getting a security breach alert. In this movie, Bane blows a hole in the warehouse floor and sends his entire army up from the sewers without Fox having a clue
Well, Miranda Tate/Talia probably had a lot to do with that..

Bruce Wayne’s back recovery
All Bane did was give him a slipped/protruded disc.
Granted it was pretty severe, and i don't know why people are having a problem with the prison doctor using chiropractic therapy to fix it, when that is the number 1 treatment (next to steroid injections) to fix slipped/protruding disc's
In most cases there is a 70% increase in recovery within 12 weeks using chiropractics and an exercise regime.
Now take into account you had a prison doctor push the disc back into place,physical therapy to where he could stand again and get back into training, while showing much improvement in 5 months, it doesn't seem impossible, especially given Bruce's determination and willpower.
If people can show 70% improvement from just as serious injuries in 12 weeks...
You'd be amazed at what the human body with a strong will can do.
Bruce Wayne’s Return to Gotham
The prison was located in Tibet, (or somewhere else, India may be). When Bane seized the reactor, it was mentioned that they had about 5 months before it blew up. Even with the recovery, that gives Bruce enough time for a return trip from anywhere in the world. The same way he had access to "Cleanslate", he just had friends in the right places, which might've helped him get back to US. Gotham wasn't technically quarantined, as food shipments were allowed in. Citizens just weren't allowed out. Though sneaking in and out is kind of Batman's forte..
Now, about Bruce's return...
Wayne Manor is located inside the city limits but is likely not on the island. There's far too much open land.
And I'm pretty certain the last time we saw The Bat before it's on the rooftop, Batman lands it in The Batcave.
So, assuming that's correct...
Bruce gets back to the US and then to Wayne manor. He goes to The Batcave, retrieves The Bat, lands it on the building and disguises it,( bringing that thing inside Gotham wouldn't be difficult as it can fly really low to the surface).
Batman’s Pyrotechnics Display - The guy has 12 hours to diffuse an atomic bomb, and somehow he found the time to set up a giant fiery bat signal on top of a bridge? Again, without anyone noticing! Sure, why not?
Well, nobody noticed because he is the goddamn Batman !!...And about the fire, its about restoring hope to the people of Gotham..Letting them know that it's time to fight back and they are not alone in this..That's the whole point of movie.. BB: Fear, TDK: Chaos; TDKR:Redemption/Rise
Batman manages to send the bomb out to sea in a scene straight from ‘Captain America’, before it explodes somewhere over the water. However, it doesn’t travel that far before detonation. We’re told the bomb has a blast radius of about 6 miles. For comparison’s sake, the Hiroshima bomb, whose effects still linger today, had a radius of 1. And that’s just the explosion, mind you, not the radiation it emanates.
Well, not sure how far The Bat went, it was still flying at very high speeds until the detonation..also I've noticed a lot of people saying the detonation was not real because a tsunami would've hit the shore. That probably would be true if this was a conventional nuclear weapon, but it isn't, it's a neutron bomb. Here's what Wikipedia has to say: A neutron bomb or enhanced radiation weapon (ERW) or weapon of reinforced radiation is a type of thermonuclear weapon designed specifically to release a large portion of its energy as energetic neutron radiation (fast neutrons) rather than explosive energy.Neutron bombs are purposely designed with explosive yields lower than other nuclear weapons. This is because neutrons are absorbed by air, so a high-yield neutron bomb is not able to radiate neutrons beyond its blast range and so would have no destructive advantage over a normal hydrogen bomb. This intense pulse of high-energy neutrons is intended as the principal killing mechanism, not the fallout, heat or blast. And you're free to go to http://www.nuclearsecrecy.com/... and simulate a 4000 kt blast off the shore so you can see the blast radius can clearly be away from the city.
Batman's life
The only shot you see of him in The Bat pre-explosion is a brief 4 or 5 seconds after he blew up the top of a building to clear way (can't cut corners with a neutron bomb hanging off the plane). in this shot (when the bat has already been shown to be over water) Batman's mask reflect a series of shadows he's travelling past, presumably other buildings casted upon him whilst in some sort of ejected pod, but impossible if he were actually in the Bat. this was an incredibly clever touch and something people completely missed watching the 1st time.

Cilogy wrote:Since when do we trust IMDb? This is the same site that actually listed DiCaprio as the Riddler in TDKR at one point. :facepalm:
The same site that has some people still showing up and saying that Bruce died and that Alfred was dreaming or hallucinating.

ok, so y Bane
didnt blew up the bomb from the beginning, rather he waited for it to decay overtime which also ending in blowing up gotham anyway?
did he provide a reason for that?

srvxid wrote:Taken from posts across various movie boards,
Batman's life
Batman's mask reflect a series of shadows he's travelling past, presumably
other buildings casted upon him whilst in some sort of ejected pod, but impossible if he were actually in the Bat. this was an incredibly clever touch and something people completely missed watching the 1st time.
Thank you--this is EXACTLY what I was going to closely watch for when I see the film a second time in a few days. I was at a midnight show Friday (starting Thursday) and as soon as I started thinking about when that shot comes in the film, I knew I had to check for reflections to let me know where Bruce REALLY is at that time.