Just saw TDKR, here's my review ( big time Spoilers)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Queen of Hearts wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: I dont think the main result of the mask is
the facial injuries but the entire body being beaten. there may have been bandages on his arms and legs but we didnt see them. in some set photos tere is a large scar on banes neck. the mask is a device to constantly reduce pain. thus bane has the abiltity to puch though walls and not feel pain because of the mask
I think if they did extensive damage to his...
mouth..he wouldnt be able to talk and annuciate his words and he is quite the speaker ;-)
However, speaking of damage done to him...if you notice and look in the sewer scene he....
not only has scars on his neck but there is a huge scar that travels all the way down his spine..so Im thinking he actually got his back broke too..along with other injuries...which is an interesting comparison considering he broke Batman's back too....
Yeah i noticed that when i watched it again last night. No one knows what happened. it looks like
he was just torn apart :(
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:
Queen of Hearts wrote:
I think if they did extensive damage to his...
mouth..he wouldnt be able to talk and annuciate his words and he is quite the speaker ;-)
However, speaking of damage done to him...if you notice and look in the sewer scene he....
not only has scars on his neck but there is a huge scar that travels all the way down his spine..so Im thinking he actually got his back broke too..along with other injuries...which is an interesting comparison considering he broke Batman's back too....
Yeah i noticed that when i watched it again last night. No one knows what happened. it looks like
That's a nice catch on back parallel between Bane and Batman.

But I think the most interesting scene involving Bane's mask is when
Talia is carefully and lovingly reattaching the coils on the mask that Batman's punches knocked off. It's a touch of tenderness and affection that shows (not tells) the emotional bond between Talia and Bane--even though they are, after all, trying to become the mass murderers of Gotham's people.
Last edited by JMan on July 25th, 2012, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JMan wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: Yeah i noticed that when i watched it again last night. No one knows what happened. it looks like

But I think the coolest with Bane's mask is when
Talia is carefully and lovingly reattaching the coils on the mask that Batman's punches knocked off. It's a touch of tenderness and affection that shows (not tells) the emotional bond between Talia and Bane--even though they are, after all, trying to become the mass murderers of Gotham's people.
Its shows something about her charector
shes the one who saved Bane not from physical peril but mental demise in the prison.
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:
JMan wrote:

But I think the coolest with Bane's mask is when
Its shows something about her charector
shes the one who saved Bane not from physical peril but mental demise in the prison.
And for all the nit-picking about so-called "plot holes," scenes like that one show that Nolan's really nice ability to add the emotion moments that, after all, the film is really about.

JMan wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: Its shows something about her charector
And for all the nit-picking about so-called "plot holes," scenes like that one show that Nolan's really nice ability to add the emotion moments that, after all, the film is really about.
Yeah, romance and emotion are a large part of his succes in films.
Brave New World

In the scene when Talia ...
saves Bane from Batman, did you get a sort of "Phantom of the Opera vibe"

you know, the disfigured genius and the girl he loves but can never posses. I reckon it's there in Bane's eyes

when she strokes his mask and says "Good-bye my friend"

It would be interesting to know exactly what injuries the mask covers. As many people have pointed out,
when the young Ra's Al ghul goes into the pit to retrieve Bane, his mouth and nose are covered by bloody
patches....considering the lengths Nolan went to show Harvey's disfigurement as two face, I was a little
surprised that Batman didn't completely rip off Bane's mask and reveal what's beneath.

But, despite all the little gripes, I still think the film was magic, particularly Hardy's performance as Bane.
That monologue he delivers as he kicks the shit out of Batman, probably the best beat-down monologue of
all time - Shakespeare meets WCW.

Was this line in the movie "You are as precious to me as you were to your own mother and father. I swore to them that I would protect you, and I haven't." I saw the movie on wednesday and i can't remember if it was in the movie.

About that line of Alfred's ....
good question ! I saw TDKR twice last week and I actually don't remember hearing it
either time, mind you I was just enjoying the movie and not concentrating too hard.

Next time I go see it (and there will be a next time !) I will go see it.

Glad to hear you got to see it at last, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did !

Bane vs Batman round 1 was the best fight scene in any movie in ages !

Batmannerism wrote:About that line of Alfred's ....
good question ! I saw TDKR twice last week and I actually don't remember hearing it
either time, mind you I was just enjoying the movie and not concentrating too hard.

Next time I go see it (and there will be a next time !) I will go see it.

Glad to hear you got to see it at last, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did !

Bane vs Batman round 1 was the best fight scene in any movie in ages !
i can confirm that that line didn't made the final theatrical cut

I don't think this happens,
she uses one of Daggets men to kill other men of Daggets