TDKR Overheard

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I went to the midnight, 3 am and 6 am showings of TDK at the Navy Pier IMAX in 2008. I think the best thing about that experience was sitting in a seat for the 6 am showing that allowed me to see most people's reactions. So, especially those moments like when the dead fake Batman slaps the window or the Joker popping up out of the body bag, those were so much fun to watch people react to. And just seeing them react in real-time was one of a kind.

But it's just crazy how even people hardcore enough to go to the 6:20 am showing still were completely fresh to everything. It's hard to visualize anybody not aware of TDKR right now. We spend our time on these boards and yet there are people just discovering it right now. Fun to watch that.

"Why is Batgirl in this?"

I've heard that one more than once. :facepalm:

My dad goes to me and says,
"Whens the new Black Man Rises movie coming out?"
:suicide:

Zez
I just remember going to the midnight showing of Avengers. We went through all the trailers: Expendables (people jabber), GI Joe (people start jabbering even more). Then, TDKR Trailer 3 comes on. Most people go quiet. About 3-4 people yell "Shut up" after Bane shows his face. Everyone in the theater held their breath until the trailer ended.

Then: :clap:

Its nothing much, but when I saw Trailer #2 in the theater a while back, there was a kid on my row telling his parents, "we need to be there!" He said it twice and was clearly excited as hell.

I've had to clarify that this is the third batman movie more than once.

Bought some dark berry mountain dew at grocery store and the cashier is like "ooh that's the new batman movie isn't it." I replied "yes it is, I love the films so I might as well try the soda." she then says "that looks good I might have to see it, I didn't see the others but I like how this one looks." (sigh)

Random stuff heard around office water cooler, cinema halls waiting for door to open...

1) Dude who's this masked guy you have as your desktop wallaper? "Bane" Nice. He's Poison's Ivy's henchman, right? Thought he'd be bigger.

2) They say that Joker will be CGI inserted.

3) Batman 3! I saw one rumour saying that Johnny Depp is in it. is it true?

4) Who is this Bane?

5) Who is this Bane?

6) Who is this bane?

7) Hmmmmm. Anne Hathway...hmmm...Have you seen Love and Other drugs?

8) Nolan's new Batman film. Nice. Haven't seen the first Dark Knight though.

:batface: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Christ this thread is gonna make me fucking rage.

solo2001 wrote:I've had to clarify that this is the third batman movie more than once.
Yes, I've often had to make people understand that this is the finale to a trilogy by Chris Nolan and has nothing to do with previous Batman films. :suicide: