Revamped Trailers Page

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.
Crazy Eight wrote:Cool layout, but mark me in the category where the Inception trailers won't play. I got the "color wheel of death" and after a minute or so had to force quit Safari.
Which version of Safari are you on? I just tried it on mine and it was fine (5.0.3).

AlBanna wrote:I can see the SAVE VIDEO AS option in context menu and able to download it..Is it becouse of HTML5?
I'm assuming that you're being shown that menu because you right-clicked to play the video. You're allowed to save the video file if you wish.

niniendowarrior wrote: Takes significantly longer. Enough for me to think that it isn't playing. Are you embedding another site's player or is the video player hosted in nolanfans.com while the content comes from somewhere else? If that's the case, then I can understand a bit of a pause. I'd suggest that if the content is coming elsewhere that the player shouldn't have to ping nolanfans.com anymore and go directly to the content provider.

EDIT:
Poked around on the video. I see what you're doing. Very nifty... but it still pauses quite a bit. I've tried the mp4 link you embedded on the page and it loads up in a snap. So, I'm inclined to think something is snagging the page. Most likely javascript...
Hrm. The video player is the native HTML5 player with the help of some JavaScript and CSS. It's hosted on the nolanfans.com domain. I'll have to run a few tests to determine the cause of this slowness issue. I might need your help testing new videos. ;)

theweatherman wrote:Mac OS 10.5.8 + Google Chrome 8.0.552.237
I hit play and it does nothing. I left it open in a tab for probably 15 minutes and nothing happened.
I don't get it. I guess it's possible that this doesn't work in Chrome 8.
I'm running the Chrome 9 beta on OS 10.6.6.

Andrea wrote:Using Opera on Win7 it doesn't work, the play at the center disappear but it doesn't anything else
Which version of Opera?

Crazy Eight wrote:Cool layout, but mark me in the category where the Inception trailers won't play. I got the "color wheel of death" and after a minute or so had to force quit Safari.
I can't help if you don't provide the browser version or operating system. It works in my Safari just fine.

AlexHaas wrote:
Andrea wrote:Using Opera on Win7 it doesn't work, the play at the center disappear but it doesn't anything else
Which version of Opera?
Both 11 and 11.01 RC 2

My computer is aging quickly so it is probably just me, don't worry about it on my account.

AlexHaas wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote: Takes significantly longer. Enough for me to think that it isn't playing. Are you embedding another site's player or is the video player hosted in nolanfans.com while the content comes from somewhere else? If that's the case, then I can understand a bit of a pause. I'd suggest that if the content is coming elsewhere that the player shouldn't have to ping nolanfans.com anymore and go directly to the content provider.

EDIT:
Poked around on the video. I see what you're doing. Very nifty... but it still pauses quite a bit. I've tried the mp4 link you embedded on the page and it loads up in a snap. So, I'm inclined to think something is snagging the page. Most likely javascript...
Hrm. The video player is the native HTML5 player with the help of some JavaScript and CSS. It's hosted on the nolanfans.com domain. I'll have to run a few tests to determine the cause of this slowness issue. I might need your help testing new videos. ;)
Always happy to help, just let me know what you need. From what I can see, you're leveraging Media Element's Javascript video player library. Might be prudent if they've listed any known bugs. For what its worth, if you have the link ready embedded (as it looks like you are already doing that), it really should load up quickly. Hmm indeed. :think:

Maybe it's a Chrome 8 issue too... among other things.

Nice, HTML5 Video = win! Now we just have to wait for the web browsers to catch up. ;)

Using Firefox. It works, but not that well.

AlexHaas wrote:
AlBanna wrote:I can't help if you don't provide the browser version or operating system. It works in my Safari just fine.
I wasn't really asking for help as I don't think I'll be watching the Inception trailers anytime soon, I was merely commenting on my experience with the trailer page. But for what it's worth I have Safari 5.0.3 on Mac OSX 10.5.8

Crazy Eight wrote:
[color=#FF0000]AlBanna[/color] wrote:I can't help if you don't provide the browser version or operating system. It works in my Safari just fine.
:wtf:

AlBanna wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
:wtf:
That's odd...

The videos doesn't play for me. BLACK SCREEN.

Edit: It works. :D I just have to wait for it to load. Only few seconds.
Last edited by Rohan on January 27th, 2011, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.