My Feature Length Script - in need of feedback

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Finished it. It was very good.

I'd say the screenplay was outstanding. I have no comments on dialogue, action and that kind of stuff. I have read a few screenplays on Amazon Studios and stuff, and the quality of this script was the best I've seen in a feature length script that was not written by a proffesional writer. Outstanding!

And for the story:
It kept being interested. I actually write a lot myself, but reading is not my strongest point. That's why I had to cut my read in half. It had nothing to do with your story being uninteresting. The pacing and style were pretty good.
However, the story itself is not really my taste. Therefor, I do not have any points to improve your story.

I do have one question though.
You and I have collaborated in a short script entitled "The Forsaken Planet", that was also post-apocalyptic and follows a same kind of story. Are you writing more post-apocalyptic stories, or is this actually more of an spin-off from your idea for 'The Forskaken Planet'?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Hey man, thanks for taking the time to read it. Really appreciate it. Sorry I've been gone so long to the point that I didn't even notice.

This was a first draft so I'm hoping to eventually get around to rewriting it. I got some heavy criticism from some other sources that I think might help me.

And to answer your question about this and Forsaken Planet, no. There is no connection other than them both being post-apocalyptic stories. There is a documentary called Waiting for Armageddon about modern-day evangelicals who obsess with the rapture and that was what inspired me to write this story. That, and the recent May 21st believers and Harold Camping. Not sure if you guys outside of America heard about all that hoopla.