Batman: The Last Laugh

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Erik wrote:This movie was a bad choise in my opinion.
You must have had quite a budget to make this. Sets, pyrotechnics, Batpod, stunts, etc. I believe you could have made something better with that kind of budget. Also I hate fanfilms, but that's just me.

As for the short itself:
I agree that it lacked a good screenplay, but it was not that bad. There were some good action scenes in it. I did enjoy it.

I too have a similar disdain for fan films. Every time I see one, I can't help but think to myself, why not spend all that money on original material that is free of copyright? Plus they all seem to suffer from the same flaws most the time, and that is of course the writing.

I think this is the best advice I can give to Team Andino. Its obvious you put a huge amount of effort into the production of this movie and it shows on the screen. The next time you make a movie, be it a fan film or an original, just make sure you put that same amount of effort into the writing of it first. Then you will have a great movie that won't meet the criticism that it is getting now.

Brendan M. wrote:
Erik wrote:This movie was a bad choise in my opinion.
You must have had quite a budget to make this. Sets, pyrotechnics, Batpod, stunts, etc. I believe you could have made something better with that kind of budget. Also I hate fanfilms, but that's just me.

As for the short itself:
I agree that it lacked a good screenplay, but it was not that bad. There were some good action scenes in it. I did enjoy it.

I too have a similar disdain for fan films. Every time I see one, I can't help but think to myself, why not spend all that money on original material that is free of copyright? Plus they all seem to suffer from the same flaws most the time, and that is of course the writing.

I think this is the best advice I can give to Team Andino. Its obvious you put a huge amount of effort into the production of this movie and it shows on the screen. The next time you make a movie, be it a fan film or an original, just make sure you put that same amount of effort into the writing of it first. Then you will have a great movie that won't meet the criticism that it is getting now.
Appreciate the feedback but it's not my film. A buddy of mine took part in making it, I had no say in what went in it. I just told him that I'd share it for him which is what I did. There are things in it I don't care for but again not my project, just helping my friend spread online what he helped make.

I think the film was nothing really great but not that bad. The initial reverse footage and the batpod (unfortunately) were unnecessary. I just loved the slow motion sequences. The battle sequences, although, sometimes felt very good and sometimes so unreal, even to a batman film. I would say:
SOUND/CINEMATOGRAPHY/EDITING: 4/5
COSTUME DESIGN: 4,5/5
ACTING: 2/5
SCRIPT: 1/5
As the film's name is "The Last Laugh", I think the main character would be Joker, I mean, the character you should focus more. I think you put a lot of effort on Batman, and he really was wonderful. But you forgot Joker, giving a ridiculous laugh, a deficient make-up (mostly in the lips) and with no dialogs :o I think you should put more effort in Joker and in a solid script, with dialogues, because in my opinion, Joker without dark deep dialogues, isn't Joker.
OVERALL: 2,5/5

If you are making something very dependent on the Joker i sincerely recommend reading The Killing Joke.
Also change those sound effects, i know im only a student but one of the thing my tutor reminds me of all the time is that lighting is artistic, scripts can be fixed with good actors and a story can be can be hidden by good visuals (*cough* avatar) but sound is something that makes the difference between amateur and professional quality.

Try using more diegetic audio instead of stock sounds.