Screenplay: Hysteria (full version!)

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

xWhereAmI? wrote:I there a program that is used for writting screenplays? I have to write with MS Word lol. I try with word to make it that format but it takes forever.
I use to use Celtx (which is free) before I got Final Draft.

I used Microsoft Office 2007 for Hysteria, though I am starting to use Celtx.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:I used Microsoft Office 2007 for Hysteria, though I am starting to use Celtx.
Celtx is the best, there isn't anything better.

xWhereAmI? wrote:I there a program that is used for writting screenplays? I have to write with MS Word lol. I try with word to make it that format but it takes forever.
Try Celtx, it's free and it's pretty good :)

Second draft is finally up!

http://studios.amazon.com/scripts/10830
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:Second draft is finally up!

http://studios.amazon.com/scripts/10830
You know what, I actually think I liked the first draft more than the second :think: . It almost seems that by increasing the pacing of the screenplay the story lost a bit of its charm that derived from the slower human centric story. The slower plot development from the first draft allowed for more character development and emotional perspective into the characters. Just as a suggestion, if I were you I'd bring some of that element back and slow down the pacing of the screenplay's first act. It's your creative property though and I hope you find success!

Thanks for reading! You're the first one here who actually read the second version! :)

I totally hear you. I was thinking the same thing while I was writing, yet I still wanted to post and try this approach.
In the 3rd draft I will
delete the whole meteor-shower
and fill that time into more character development. Also I really need to improve the dialogue. I can do this, I know I can. I just failed here! :lol:

Anyway, thanks again for your feedback. I am still waiting for a third review on Amazon, when I got that, I am taking the feedback and try a new rewrite (after I finished the project I am working on now, but more about my new project, later).

Mason wrote:
Erik wrote:I used Microsoft Office 2007 for Hysteria, though I am starting to use Celtx.
Celtx is the best, there isn't anything better.
Agreed. Or at the very least, there is no need for anything greater really.
Do you... like pineapple?

Celtx is just amazing, I don't know where I'd be without it.

Mason wrote:Celtx is just amazing, I don't know where I'd be without it.
+1