Shooting music video for digital film next week

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

The song we chose was Beat It by MJ. I have a script, we might have a dolly to use. Don't know it i'll post it on youtube, maybe on my old page, but defenetly not the new one. Any cool camera moves or suggestions before I start shooting on monday?

Beat it is my favorite song of all time! Do it justice :ugeek:

Do you have the red leather jacket MJ wore back in the 80's?

I'll try. I have to story board tomorrow, I've never done that before. This time I've decided to plan out each shot to get it right, unlike previously when I just made it up as I went along. Literally. :oops:

No leather jacket, and none of my friends can dance. I'm not going to use the hole song because the vid needs to be under for minutes. I'm cutting out the first 30 seconds and the guitar solo in the middle because theirs not much that can really be done with that. It is gang related though. :thumbup: Bye the way, I'm really pumped my mic should be in anyday and I just bought a 35mm depth of field adapter! :D :D :D :D

Started filming today. :| Aparetnly one of my friends wants to hve like 25 people in the final shot. :shock: The most people i've ever directed at the same time is 3. This will be interesting.

When in doubt shout

Just be happy if you're actually able to get 25 people in one place at the same time.

Brendan M. wrote:Just be happy if you're actually able to get 25 people in one place at the same time.
Were going to try to get as many people to show up to the field as we can right after school on friday. Anyway, half done and I think it's looking pretty good so far. I have everything that i've shot so far edited.