The NolanFans.com Film Awards

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Hey guys, I had a nice idea.
Shall we start an award show for the Aspiring Filmmakers?

This is how it works:
Everyone can enter with their short film/script and afterwards, a jury will nominate 5 of them for an award. Then, everyone on the board can vote for their favourite of them and after all votes are counted, the winners will recieve the award (the award is nothing really, just a honnereble mention. Someone who can call himself the winner! :D).

Categories:
-Best short film.
-Best direction/editing.
-Best script.
-Best score.
-Best unproduced script.

The Rules:
-The movie/script that you enter for the competition, must have been posted on the board in 2010, and may not have been posted somewhere else on the net before 2010 (so only productions released in 2010 are allowed).
-A movie that you enter can be judged by all 4 categories of the film, so you will have to send a copy of the script too. If you don't send the script, it won't have a chance to win that award.
-You can only enter a film if you are one of the 3 basic filmmakers (director, producer or writer).
-You can only enter an unproduced script if you (co-)wrote it yourself. Other co-writers should be members of NolanFans.com.
-All material handed in by entering the competition, is and will stay property of the owner.
-After the jury is complete, we will set a final date for entering the competition. I think we can give the awards at the end of february / begin of march.
-Extra rule for jury members: you are allowed to enter too, but not allowed to nominate your own work.

Now, before everyone starts entering the competition, we need to do this organised so wait with that! We need to assemble a jury first!

Who is up for it?
1. Erik
2. -
3. -
4. -
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Wow, that's great! I've had something in mind like this lately, but never posted!

I don't know short films world very well, so idk if my judgment can be a little altered, BUT i really like to see this project realized and I could be one of the members of the jury ;)

Sounds fun, Im up for it.

I'm totally up for it. However, I would be submitting a film, so I'm not sure if I could be on the jury, but I would totally love to submit a work of mine into the competition.

Bat-Dan wrote:I'm totally up for it. However, I would be submitting a film, so I'm not sure if I could be on the jury, but I would totally love to submit a work of mine into the competition.
Basically, when you enter both jury and contest you won't be picking your own work. Every jury member will pick his own favourit shorts for the nominations and then we see how much jury votes every movie will get. The top 5 will get the real nomination. When you enter a short while on jury, your own movie can not be picked by you (but it can be picked by the other members of the jury, so it can get nominated).
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

I'm up for it, but I only have a small portion of my script actually written at the moment. :oldmanface:

We should decide a deadline for submission of unproduced script.

And every member of the jury will vote just one film for each category, he won't decide 5 nominee, right?

This is (just like the Academy Awards) a contest for scripts and movies of 2010. Everything you write now, can be entered next year.

$20 the user Christopher Nolan will get snubbed from best direction/editing.

solo2001 wrote:$20 the user Christopher Nolan will get snubbed from best direction/editing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

btw I'll be a judge if needed or wanted.