Incepted Confusion (working movie title) - need some help...

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

I'm currently working on a 3D movie that is related to Inception in the dream sharing theme and its effects, but in a totally different way (different story). It's basically a drama/thriller movie (with some action in few scenes), it will be entirely in high definition 3D (Moviestorm) and the duration is 30 to 40 minutes. I finally began the production few weeks ago, so I'll be posting more content (still images, videos,..) along the way.

I'm facing a problem right now; the movie has 3 or 4 major roles and so far I only have one actor (I live in the Middle East, which may be one of the worst place to have filmmaking as an interest :!: ). The good thing is; as it is a 3D movie I only need voice acting, so I'm asking if there's any Inception fan here who'd like to be a part of this movie.

It will be simple enough; the actor/actress will either record the lines after I send the script to his/her e-mail address or we can have a direct talk over skype for example, so I can direct the acting towards the emotion I want. These are the two ways to do it I guess, if there's another way I'd like to hear it too.

If anyone is interested, please reply here and send me a personal message so I can give you more information about the movie, I need replies ASAP. Thanks for reading.

Finding actors is just the hardest part, eh?

So wait... you're talking about 3D animation? :think:

finding actors is indeed the hardest part, especially for someone like me who lives in an uncreative world :| ...

to answer your question; yes it is 3D animation, but it's not full 3D work like Shrek (I'm not doing everything from scratch, that's too hard and too costly to do). I'm actually using Moviestorm, a software which provides me with ready-made 3D characters, props, special effects, etc. which I then use to make a movie. Although it's ready-made stuff, it's still fully customizable; I can for example do more than 100 shapes for a character's ear, the possibilities are really endless.

if you want to know more about what I'm trying to do, check out this short movie I did a year ago using the same software

http://vimeo.com/17983771

sweet, man. \:D/ That looks better then I expected.

Prett damn cool.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

PseudoHawk wrote:sweet, man. \:D/ That looks better then I expected.
+1

Hello everyone,

first of all I think I should explain why my last post in this forum was in December 2010, and now we're freshly into 2013. When wrote this post on "Incepted Confusion", I was studying medicine in Cairo. I was going after my passion in filmmaking but didn't want to leave medicine because I was already in 4th year (people who are from or who know the middle eastern social mentality will know the difficulties to leave medicine halfway through). I went through depression and it became worse by late 2010/early 2011. In the end I had one choice to come through that depression sane and alive: leaving medicine and going into filmmaking. I spent 2011 and early 2012 to mentally heal from depression, and to look for film schools where I can study. I'm happy to say that I'm now in my second semester of film school, I'm studying at Esav, a film school in Marrakech, Morocco. The Dark Knight was the movie that inspired me to do filmmaking professionally, and this forum has helped me over and over again to nourish my passion for cinema and filmmaking, so I need to thank you all for being a dream environment for me to pursue my passion.

On the project, Incepted Confusion, I'm resuming my work on it and have been developing the plot, characters, story and so on. Now it's a more solid project and I started to hesitate about doing it in Moviestorm. I'm confident that Moviestorm is a pretty good base for moviemaking -people can see other short movies I've done with this software at the end of this reply- but I'm wondering if it's enough for the project I'm making. I'd love to make it with real locations and real characters, but I know that I won't have the chance to do it that way anytime soon, as it needs a good budget and better real-world producing skills. I'm leaning towards making it in Moviestorm because I can do it now, which is what I want to do.

here are links to previous short movies I made with Moviestorm, the difference between them and what I'll do with Incepted Confusion if I make it now, would be that it'll be a feature film as opposed to a short movie, and the addition of dialogues and a sound environment - I have few friends at film school who'll take care of the sound part of the movie.

An Exam (2:40) https://vimeo.com/17983771
Instinct of Killing (9:37) https://vimeo.com/18792455
Intimidated Business (13:13) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY9dmMua3VE

I'd like to know your thoughts on this, thanks in advance :)

Hey pal,

If you need any help - be it giving you some notes, or just going over some stuff about the film making process, Im happy to lend an ear and opinion. Glad you're feeling better. The key is to do what makes you happy!

Good luck.

Wow, I'm really interested in this "Incepted Confusion"!
Maybe you could give us some more information on the story and such.
Even though I don't really know a lot about film making (but I do know a hell of a lot about film watching :P), I'd love to learn more about your movie.
I think it's super brave btw, to stop medicine and start over again in Morocco!

Thanks Devica and Mighty Diamond :)

I decided I'll do it on Moviestorm. The story revolves around dream research, taken to a different level in terms of how it's used and under who's supervision. I research this topic intensively so I can base the story on true scientific facts, and I wrote a story around it. There's a lot going on, I'll post pictures and updates as I progress with making this Moviestorm movie :) right now I'm in the final stages of re-writing the story.