New LA Times article

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

Its CGI:
"Inception" does have major computer effects: Several vivid sequences show a dream metropolis in churning calamity, a city skyline seems to fold in on itself as a dream begins to lose its shape and, unlike many Hollywood versions of dream surrealism, the scene has the look of a massive mechanical failure, not a morphing, liquid calamity. Nolan's dreams have the sharp edges of Escher, not the syrup drips of Dalí. Architecture is a major influence on the culture of the film too with dreams that are more like blueprints than poems. That speaks to Nolan's longtime interest in architecture. A key scene in "Inception" was filmed at the architecture school at University College London, where Nolan was an English major and also met his future wife and producing partner, Emma Thomas.

$160 million?

Drugging people up?

Dom Cobb?

-Mind Explosion-

"...built giant rotating hallways and a massive tilting nightclub set to film the startling "Inception" scenes when dream-sector physics take a sharp turn into chaos. One of the film's stars, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, spent long, bruising weeks learning to fight in a corridor that spun like a giant hamster wheel.

:shock: Wow...I am speechless...This film is gonna be mind blowing. July 16th can't come any sooner!
Disappointed though in the article, because it gave away a few minor spoilers, but overall, awesome article.

Warners and Legendary Pictures are banking on the movie catching on as a brainy "Mission: Impossible" by way of "The Matrix"????
HOLY SHIT!!! That sounds INCREDIBLE!! Jesus that was soooo much information. And I'm really interested in how Leo was so influential with the script and his character. It's awesome that they sat down and talked about it, what a true collaborator Nolan is. Michael Bay would just be like, "This is what you have to do and that's that." I also love it when Nolan says, "It's something that we've never seen before." That type of talk is what gets me the most excited about Inception.

God, this movie is going to blow audiences and the movie industry away. Like, it's going to influence and change everything that comes after it. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next three months. This is absolute torture.

Geoff Boucher is awesome. He has covered Inception better than anyone else (and he actually gets to visit sets/editing suite/Nolan and co.). I get the feeling that the marketing is just beginning to go into full-effect. We have Mind Crime stage 2, ShoWest, Wondercon, the multiple LA Times articles. I'm am so excited.

lots and lots of details

very pleased that gordon levitt has a lot of camera time in the movie

apw
Of course, everyone will still believe that the budget is $200m because a Canadian tabloid wrote it once. :roll:

apw wrote:Of course, everyone will still believe that the budget is $200m because a Canadian tabloid wrote it once. :roll:
True. Or maybe Nolan was given that budget and he went under budget. Anyway, good thing is, we now have the exact cost.