Viewings of Inception

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
07202012 wrote:
movieman1005 wrote: 1st: Baffled, confused, and somewhat disappointed
:facepalm:

I'm confused by people who found Inception confusing.

All viewings:

The first time I saw Inception I thought it was relatively complicated (compared to the movies you usually see in theaters) but that I had figured it out mostly. The second time confirmed this impression. But later I discussed it with a friend of mine for six hours in a row, and it turned out that he had a complete different opinion on how the thematic levels and details were connected. We got stuck in our discussion and I was yet again entirely confused. During the third, fourth viewing I tried to catch all the details and read theories on the internet to understand everything.

But in the end I figured that I had to chose my own interpretation of Inception what is likely what Nolan wanted us to do. Now I have my theory to which I stick, and everything's fine.

?

I only saw Inception once in the cinema and it pretty much stuck with me. I never followed any of the hype or production, I watched it with a clear mindset. This was before I was even on NF; In fact it was because of Inception's impression on me that I got into tumblr and then eventually made it here.

And errrtime I watch it (lost count), it's very nostalgic for me and just as powerful a story as the first time viewing.

I saw it more than 10 or 12 times. I catch it from the first time viewing... but I didn't fully understand the detailed aspects completely unless I went down the further views.
My first view reaction was "Can filmmaking get any better?"

I think the main reason people complain about Inception not being re-watchable (and I see their point) is because the action is centred around plot and not character, so once you know the plot some of the tension and threat sort of goes from the film. I'll never have a better viewing experience of Inception than my 1st but even though I've put together all the pieces of the puzzle (I think anyway) I still remember the feelings of confusion, immersion and awe that I got when I first saw it, and to and extent I feel them still when I watch it.

Inception is my favorite movie i've watched it 9 times and for me its incredible because of how powerful it was as in all aspects of the film and the fact that there are multiple interpretations of what actually happened depending on how you personally view the movie