Could Inception be turned into an Epic Trilogy?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Mason wrote:Just watched it again today, and I thin I've completely been resorted to say: Inception should be a stand alone film, nothing more and nothing less. Any kind of sequel would ruin the magic completely, it'd ruin the meaning and the purpose of everything.
'Zactly.

Mason wrote:Just watched it again today, and I thin I've completely been resorted to say: Inception should be a stand alone film, nothing more and nothing less. Any kind of sequel would ruin the magic completely, it'd ruin the meaning and the purpose of everything.
You really don't think another film that takes place in that universe but nearly completely different everything would be worthwhile?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
You really don't think another film that takes place in that universe but nearly completely different everything would be worthwhile?

-Vader
I think if Nolan did make a trilogy set in the Inception universe, with completely different characters, and no mention of Cobb... I could see it working pretty well. Though this may not be others' cup of tea.

Nolan4Life wrote:
'Zactly.
A perfect response to a unneeded question.

We have to go deeper ? No we don't - Inception from it's inception was always inherently meant to be a standalone product.

Deal with it OP

#dreamalittlemoresanerdahling.

paynewake wrote:
Nolan4Life wrote: 'Zactly.
A perfect response to a unneeded question.

We have to go deeper ? No we don't - Inception from it's inception was always inherently meant to be a standalone product.

Deal with it OP

#dreamalittlemoresanerdahling.
Your two points make no sense. First, even if Nolan intended for Inception to be a stand alone film in no way means a wonderful story idea can't strike him at a later date he'd wish to pursue. Second, that he did intend that, which he's actually been deliberately ambiguous about whilst asked the possibility of another film. "I don't think so, but.."

-Vader

As I said, if you count the comics, it already is.
I remembered the title of the second one: The Big Under.
It offers very little insight, just a lead up to getting Saito on the train.

I really doubt Leo would do another Inception.

Do you really want a film with the others in it?

PS. There are at least two other threads on the same topic.

I heard Nolan already has the same guys signed up for a part 2 of Inception. It's not in the making yet according to rumors, but there are plans to make a part 2. At least that's what I hear.

No
"When art imitates life"

No.

I seriously hope not.

No
No