Inception Overated

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I like Nolan as much as the next person but as techinclly well made as Inception was the movie's story is fairly awful, overly elaborate, and redundant, a bloody sloppy mess. Even the ending had a sort of hipster art student pretentiousness, did the totem fall or didnt it you decide; just awful, end a movie like a man for gods sake not with a parlor trick. Definitley his weakest peice no where near as good as memento. Also would have enjoyed him going more into the science of how dreams actually work in the brain considering he did all that reasearch on the subject and decided to leave it completley out of the movie.

camocan wrote:I like Nolan as much as the next person but as techinclly well made as Inception was the movie's story is fairly awful, overly elaborate, and redundant, a bloody sloppy mess. Even the ending had a sort of hipster art student pretentiousness, did the totem fall or didnt it you decide; just awful, end a movie like a man for gods sake not with a parlor trick. Definitley his weakest peice no where near as good as memento. Also would have enjoyed him going more into the science of how dreams actually work in the brain considering he did all that reasearch on the subject and decided to leave it completley out of the movie.
:shock: R u crazy? Chris made a movie dealing with a subject which nobody had taken up upto that point of time. I think that after having watched the movie again and again, he has dealt with every aspect concerned with dreams.Wt are you playing at? I think you just want to start another stupid thread!

"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

There was no discussion how the dream apparatus worked. No information about how synapses process events throughout the day and convert them into dream states. No discussion about counsciesness or what are dreams might symbolize about our counsciesness. It was like watching Heat 5 but instead of saying they were on a boat they said they were in a dream, within a dream, within a dream, within another godadamn dream. What is the point as a filmmaker to emphasise the fact that they are in a dream within a dream. We get it theyre dreaming!!! Completley unessesary, a total gimmic to make the movie appear more mysterious and sheik. Did not change or emphasise the message of the movie in any way.

Exactly!! Thts what I'm talking about!! :-D :-D :-D
DoubleD wrote:Image

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The movie discusses what our dreams tell us about our desires but not about our counsciess process.

:JGLface:

camocan wrote:I like Nolan as much as the next person but as techinclly well made as Inception was the movie's story is fairly awful, overly elaborate, and redundant, a bloody sloppy mess. Even the ending had a sort of hipster art student pretentiousness, did the totem fall or didnt it you decide; just awful, end a movie like a man for gods sake not with a parlor trick. Definitley his weakest peice no where near as good as memento. Also would have enjoyed him going more into the science of how dreams actually work in the brain considering he did all that reasearch on the subject and decided to leave it completley out of the movie.

Mr. Caine wrote::facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
+1
Why you lurking my page brah?