INCEPTION is the movie that defined 2010

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
TotemCheck21 wrote:Okay, I have tried really hard to find a better movie in 2010 than "Inception". Honestly, I have. I absolutely loved Toy Story 3, thought The Social Network was fantastic, heck I even saw that waste of a movie called Avatar: The Last Airbender. However, nothing that I have seen this year can top "Inception". And to me, I am still baffled why it is not racking up during rewards season.
I totally agree. I can understand why people say TSN defined 2010; because it was topical and got a lot of praise. However, Inception is one of the most memorable films in recent years (which includes The Dark Knight).

It was, according to the Academy, an incredible film technically, so I give credit to the award-givers there.

INCEPTION->100% But imo 2010 was pretty good year for movies overall.

DreamArchitect wrote:Oh okay. You make a good argument. But still vague on the idea that it is a cinematic achievement. I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean like how Titanic was a cinematic achievement?

Anyway, you say that nobody will care about There Will Be Blood or Slumdog Millionaire in the future. Believe it or not, I actually hope society doesn't lead that direction. I'm 16, and my view in cinema is very complex, I don't just watch a movie to be entertained, I watch a movie and judge everything about it. The problem is, the younger generations (my generation) fail to acknoweledge that kind of work and effort, and just pretty much like any entertaining movie. There Will Be Blood was a masterpiece I must say! I thought that was one of the best male performances I have seen - kudos to Daniel Day Lewis for delivering it. Of course I still remember The Dark Knight, although I never actually saw it in the cinemas (back then I found it difficult to keep up with comic book movies).

I understand your argument (I think) but although people would remember Nolan's great works, I'm just saying I HOPE nobody forgets some of the greatest cinematic achievements like No Country for Old Men, American Beauty, etc. Many young people just tend to watch what entertains them and that's it. I just hope that when it comes to movies, nobody loses the complex judgements of it.

I'm not arguing against your point I'm just stating an opinion of society. HOPEFULLY this wasn't a confusing argument. :)
I honestly think future generations will still be studying masterpieces in the future - but more important than studying what goes into a film is studying how it can make a film good. I could study There Will Be Blood more than I could study No Country For Old Men, but a lot of what I'd talk about for the former would be meaningless because the stylistic references to Kubrick and Welles just didn't have as much of an effect on me as the way in which Javier Bardem just grins before he kills the guy who steps out of the car.

If people were asked to describe 2010 in film, Inception would surely be one of the first examples to come up.
Inception was a favourite in 2010 alongside Toy Story 3 and The Social Network. Black Swan would probably come up on top as most overrated film of 2010 as well.
Do you... like pineapple?