Inception: Exposing The Idiots

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
To me, Inception was a fairly easy movie to follow. yes, it was a little rocky, but it's the world of dreams and corporate espionage - isn't that the point? A large number of people complained it was too hard to follow. This just confirms to me, that people have either gotten dumber when it comes to viewing movies or this film just exposed the few idiots out there that really do exist. Rex Reed is one of these unusually slow and incompetent people. "Can someone explain Inception to me?" is what he wrote in his review, once again proving that there is no shortage of morons in the critics' circle. I mean, really.. really, does someone - with at least half a brain - need this movie to be explained? One of the things Inception is criticized for is exposition. Understandable. But exposition is there to help you understand, and I, like many people, felt there was too much of that. So how is it hard to understand? The answer is that a large number of people have become 'passive viewers.' This means that they are used to being spoon fed, instead of actually participating in media.

I totally agree. People who call Inception a 'mind fuck' just get me really angry. Inception isn't made to fool you and trick you like Memento, it's supposed to be a linear and straightforward film - to me, corporate espionage, Indiana Jones, James Bond are the things that spring to mind when I try to compare it to other stories or films - and all of them are fairly straightforward. It's just that Inception is a whole new universe and I guess it's slightly hard to keep up with for some.

Plus, I hate it when I see negative comments surrounding Inception saying 'I went wanting a mindfuck, but Inception was straightforward and a fail'. I've seen comments like that before, believe me.

Well, Rex Reed just has some axe to grind against Christopher Nolan, by the look of that review.

But let us not fall into the trap of, like, self categorising ourselves as intellectual elite who found Inception so easy to follow, and simply can't believe that anyone else wouldn't.
Oh! They are retarded brainless idiots and we throw our hands up in horror!

Inception isn't a straightforward "mindfuck" like Memento or The Prestige. But when you start analysing its implications, you end up realising that it is, infact, a "mindfuck".

kanjisheik wrote:Inception isn't a straightforward "mindfuck" like Memento or The Prestige. But when you start analysing its implications, you end up realising that it is, infact, a "mindfuck".
This :thumbup:

markweatherill wrote:Well, Rex Reed just has some axe to grind against Christopher Nolan, by the look of that review.

But let us not fall into the trap of, like, self categorising ourselves as intellectual elite who found Inception so easy to follow, and simply can't believe that anyone else wouldn't.
Oh! They are retarded brainless idiots and we throw our hands up in horror!
People that understand Inception are NOT intellectual elite, they are NORMAL people. The $800 million the movie grossed is evidence to that. It was a straightforward blockbuster, just not a stupid one.

sallygucha wrote:People that understand Inception are NOT intellectual elite,
I agree! But Inception gives us the opportunity to put on that affectation. Looking down from on high on those other idiots, morons, slow and incompetent people.

None of Nolans films are hard to follow really. They are all pretty simple actually.
Ever tried watching something like Mulholland Drive, Being John Malkovich, Werckmeister harmóniák or Synecdoche? Now thats more like it.

- And yes Memento is very easy to follow as well. Its based on a pattern that most bright people would understand within the first 3 scenes.

Yeah Inception is not a really mindfucking movie,Memento is more mindfucking and also The Prestige.

Yea, I thought it was very straight forward as well.