WB Wants an Inception Sequel

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
steveportee wrote:
BatMotor wrote: He wasnt thinking of BB as an stand alone film thats bullshit.Then why end with the joker card.
Plenty of films end in a similar way that don't have planned sequels.
Such as Freddy Vs. Jason, for example. :lol:

Inception could work as a sequel, but it would take an absolutely killer script that I don't think even Nolan could pull off. They're better off leaving it alone and focusing on a massive multiplayer video game.

gib sigs

chee wrote:
BatMotor wrote:He wasnt thinking of BB as an stand alone film thats bullshit.Then why end with the joker card.
He didn't say that BB was going to be a stand-alone film, he just didn't have any thoughts about doing a second one. He's a one-movie at a time sort of person.

Exactly, BB is about the origins of batman. The ending with the joker card lead us to the greats adventures of the dark knight and not the origins. Nolan thought it was an open ending for the movie and didn't expect a sequel.

steveportee wrote:
BatMotor wrote: He wasnt thinking of BB as an stand alone film thats bullshit.Then why end with the joker card.
Because it's a cool freakin' ending, that's why. It sets up a continuation of the Batman universe, but isn't necessarily a guarantee of a sequel. Plenty of films end in a similar way that don't have planned sequels.
Ofcourse it was a guarantee it's the Batman universe,if ya end with that you know everyone wonders when The Joker shows up.

It's a no from me.
A sequel would just render the awesome ending of Inception worthless. I think WB has spanned out as much as they could, with 2 prequel comics (The Cobol Job and The Big Under)which were very well done.
Though I don't mind the suggestion of a tv series, but only if it were based on another extraction team (I can see it now, something similar to Firefly, excluding the cowboy music and Joss Whedon).

The main reason why I'm against a sequel is that I'm addicted to Inception Fanfiction, (which fulfills my Inception-obsession when I don't have the time to re-watch it) and some of these fanfics are crazy detailed and true to the shared-dreaming concept, which would make Chris Nolan very proud. As I was saying... regarding fanfics, I'm a fan of the Arthur/Ariadne ship, so I'm afraid that any sequel featuring these characters would not meet my expectations, which would. mess. me. up! :oldmanface:
But I do look forward to the video game though :thumbup: