Why Are People Surprised At Miles' Appearance in America?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I don't get why people are surprised to see Miles at the airport. It is clear that he's visiting his grand kids - it is even established in the dialogue. Leo drops off the gifts for the children with Miles - that means Miles is on his way to America to visit them. And it also hints at the fact that school is out for the summer. That's how Ariadne is able to work with Cobb. It's no mystery that Miles is at the airport to greet Cobb.

People are strange.

I suppose some people want it spelled out to them, like having Cobb call Miles and asking him to pick him up in the airport.

niniendowarrior wrote:I suppose some people want it spelled out to them, like having Cobb call Miles and asking him to pick him up in the airport.
COBB (on phone): Hi, Miles - my father in law.

MILES: Oh, hi, Cobb - my son in law.

COBB: Yeah, since you are in America now with the kids and handed them the stuffed toys I gave you in Paris, would it be cool if you picked me up at the airport?

MILES: No problem.

COBB: Cool. I just need the audience to understand that you are indeed in America. Because giving you the gifts in Paris for the kids wasn't enough. So I guess they get it now.

MILES: Sure they're not confused?

COBB (looking at the audience): No. I think they got it.

MILES: Great. See you at the airport.

COBB: Cool. Thanks.

Cobb hangs up.

sallygucha wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote:I suppose some people want it spelled out to them, like having Cobb call Miles and asking him to pick him up in the airport.
COBB (on phone): Hi, Miles - my father in law.

COBB: Yeah, since you are in America now with the kids and handed them the stuffed toys I gave you in Paris, would it be cool if you picked me up at the airport?

COBB: Cool. I just need the audience to understand that you are indeed in America. Because giving you the gifts in Paris for the kids wasn't enough. So I guess they get it now.

Cobb hangs up.
So the movie would last few......days.

sallygucha wrote: COBB (on phone): Hi, Miles - my father in law.

Cobb hangs up.
:lol:

True story - I was watching War of the Worlds in the theatre in 2005. In the final scene a woman sitting in my back said
"So the aliens are dying because they couldn't find water?"
-__-"

akv1984 wrote:People are strange.
I'd say more stupefied.

Because they try to sound smart even if they're not so they find everything to be suspicious... :crazy:

Mr.Hmmm wrote:True story - I was watching War of the Worlds in the theatre in 2005. In the final scene a woman sitting in my back said
"So the aliens are dying because they couldn't find water?"
-__-"
Hahahaha!