INCEPTION: Great Filmmaking Achivement Since THE PASSION.

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
yeah it had a great cinematography but in the end The passion didn't seem so great, it strikes you more if you are religious I reckon, for me it was just some other movie.
and well about story I just think Zeffirelli's movie is so much better and faithful to the life of the Christ
Actually I have to disagree with you on that. Watching THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST does not strike you if you are religious only. There were many people who went to the movie and their lifes changed. You can actually find articles, comments, posts online from people commenting that the movie really changed their lives. Which in in my opinion is not a bad thing. If they were doing something negative and thought that Jesus died for their sins and now they are going the right path there is nothing wrong with that.

I went to watch the movie just like I go to any movie and to me it is just a movie, but extraondinary in terms of direction, story, music, cinematography, performances were all masterful.

Also, The Passion is not Jesus's life. It is the last 12 hours of his life. So, Zeffirelli's movie is different than the THE PASSION. Lot of people are saying that Mel Gibson didn't stay true to facts. I mean, he didn't made up stuff. He wrote and directed what was in the bible. So, I don't know why people are saying that The passion was not faithful to the life of Christ. I think it was totally faithful as far as the bible is concerned.

The Passion only has a 50% on Rottentomatoes and a 7.1 on IMDB, I hardly think it's held as one of the greatest filmmaking achivements. Have you seen There WIll Be Blood? No Country For Old Men? Children of Men? Those are some films from just the last few years that I'd say are head and shoulders above Passion.

The Passion just seemed like a 2 hour snuff film that was made to fill Mel Gibson's pockets.

I don't "The Passion" as you name it great filmmaking... of course it's executed well but overall it's not that great... and if you wanna talk about filmmaking achievement.. then how about The Curious Case of Benjamin Button like 2 years ago or... There Will be Blood like 3 years ago...

The Passion only has a 50% on Rottentomatoes and a 7.1 on IMDB, I hardly think it's held as one of the greatest filmmaking achivements. Have you seen There WIll Be Blood? No Country For Old Men? Children of Men? Those are some films from just the last few years that I'd say are head and shoulders above Passion.
It doesn't really matter what Rottentomatoes rank the movie or IMDB rank the movie. Mel Gibson made the movie perfectly in all terms as far I see and I don't know what seems to be the problem with that. If you hate Mel Gibson because of his personal life and anger problems that's a whole different issue, but the movie he made is a perfect filmmaking in my opinion. And, I am only pointing to THE PASSION, his Braveheart and Apocalypto are too a masterful films. Yes, I have seen NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, CHILDREN OF MEN, THERE WILL BE BLOOD all goes in the books as the classics of all time and I see PASSION easily fits in that criteria.
The Passion just seemed like a 2 hour snuff film that was made to fill Mel Gibson's pockets.
All films are made to fill a director's pocket and the studios. Why do you think there are sequels and prequels.
I don't "The Passion" as you name it great filmmaking... of course it's executed well but overall it's not that great... and if you wanna talk about filmmaking achievement.. then how about The Curious Case of Benjamin Button like 2 years ago or... There Will be Blood like 3 years ago...
Speaking of cURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON, I was actually shocked when they didn't awarded the movie at the Oscars.

Well, Inception isn't anti-Semetic...

lol...another valuable opinion from rohan :?

talli wrote:lol...another valuable opinion from rohan :?
Talli, I have no intentions to make this forums a dirty place of ugly words. I don't have any problem with anyone here and again this is my opinion and I am not bashing others opinions at all. And, it seems like you are taking the grudge on me at this thread based on the other thread which is totally a different subject. So, I respectfully insist not make this place a ugly thread as I have no intention to make it a dirty thread.

If you have opinion based on the thread, please shoot it and if not and if you are here to take personal grudge against me then please stop it.

just making a joke fella

talli wrote:just making a joke fella
Alright. I just want to make sure. That's cool. :mrgreen: