Shooting script officially released

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
RomanM wrote: -___- really? No one has anywhere to put a 150KB file? A flash drive, a hard drive, a memory stick?

Is there anything else these printed versions offer?
You can't use memory sticks if your computer is broken!

This printed version includes hand written notes. So that's a really good reason to buy it.

The shooting script is a keepsake or a collectible. A lot of people like to buy different items related to a film. My favourite film is 'The Dark Knight' and I have a two disc special edition of the film, the soundtrack, and the hardcover book featuring the art of 'The Dark Knight', which also includes the shooting script.

There are plenty of reasons why one would want to buy a shooting script.

DarkKnight10 wrote:The shooting script is a keepsake or a collectible. A lot of people like to buy different items related to a film. My favourite film is 'The Dark Knight' and I have a two disc special edition of the film, the soundtrack, and the hardcover book featuring the art of 'The Dark Knight', which also includes the shooting script.

Exactly. I'm a wanna-be screenwriter, so I try and read as many scripts as I can and they are not always available online. Plus it is a nice little keepsake.

Bueller wrote:
DarkKnight10 wrote:The shooting script is a keepsake or a collectible. A lot of people like to buy different items related to a film. My favourite film is 'The Dark Knight' and I have a two disc special edition of the film, the soundtrack, and the hardcover book featuring the art of 'The Dark Knight', which also includes the shooting script.

Exactly. I'm a wanna-be screenwriter, so I try and read as many scripts as I can and they are not always available online. Plus it is a nice little keepsake.
I'm the same. I've learned a lot about screenwriting by reading a lot of published screenplays. They're fantastic as an educational tool.

Same here, I download scripts and read them. I'm also a aspiring screenwriter, not to mention I also read books on screenwriting as well.

NolanFanIsIncepted wrote:Same here, I download scripts and read them. I'm also a aspiring screenwriter, not to mention I also read books on screenwriting as well.
While I do agree that reading scripts is an essential and extremely helpful supplement in the pursuit of learning about screenwriting, they don't replace actually taking a class.

I thought the same until I began film school, and nowhere in a film script does it blatantly point to you and say, "this is the dramatic question. this is the catalyst. this is the precipitating incident. this is the 'end' of act I. this is the main conflict." etc, etc.

take some classes, you won't regret it - and make sure it's not just a formatting class like they have at CC's. final draft takes care of that for you. :P

I do agree that screen-writing classes are essential for the one wishing to learn the craft, but, suppose, it is impossible due to financial reasons or just because there is no decent film school in around 400 km from your native town (in fact, there is not a single one at all, in my case). Then the only choice is reading scripts and books on the screen-writing. Such authors as Syd Field, for instance, give the theory in a very clear and precise manner. If you just care to switch on, then in a very limited period of time you will see the inciting incidents, dramatic needs, acts divisions etc. when reading scripts. Again, I'd like to stress, that proper education, supervised by an experienced professor, is the best way to master the craft.
Anyway, I sure would like to have the printed script of Inception. But I'm almost sure that there will be none on sale in my country. So, I'll just hope someone scans the book.

All right. I just pre-ordered my copy! :D

akv1984 wrote:All right. I just pre-ordered my copy! :D
Scan it for us! :lol:

niniendowarrior wrote:
akv1984 wrote:All right. I just pre-ordered my copy! :D
Scan it for us! :lol:
What? No please?