Eames' Totem-the multiplying poker chip

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
As someone mentioned, it seems to be the poker chip. This is how I think his totem works. When they're planning the mission, it looks like he's playing with it in his hand. And when Leo first finds him gambling he says to Eames "they're not going to multiply you know." Eames says something like "you think so?" I think his totem is that in the dream he can multiply the poker chip (he has more imagination than anyone on the team except Ariadne and so can dream the most radically, as evident by the grenade launch he materializes).

nice catch paladinryan. how many time btw that you have watched the movie? its been such a great help reading your and everyone's post here but, i want to watch the movie again. :(

Couldn't his totem just as easily be any mirror he comes across?

the mirror... yeah, its possible.

I saw him playing with a chip when they were preparing for the INCEPTION

I think it's his totem

Does Eames always needs a mirror to change into someone else or change into himself?????

Greenleaf wrote:Does Eames always needs a mirror to change into someone else or change into himself?????
not sure about when he changes to others

but when change back, i think he doesn't need a mirror (remember the scene where Saito met the Blonde?) :lol:

Nice catch I knew the chip was his totem but wasnt sure how it worked exactly, but this makes perfect sense in combination with vobbs comment

Tom's lucky he had those to play with. Having a small prop to play with in your hands really helps you act freer.

I've seen it twice now. I'm going to listen carefully to how Eames replies to Cobb's comment the next time I see it. But I'm pretty sure he says something like "you never know."

And thanks, buh buh, you should! It's even better the second time 'cause you start noticing little things. Like Leo's face when Page tells him Mal's death was not his fault in the warehouse.