INCEPTION Opening Weekend: 62.7M (updated)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Better than I expected

Nice Job for Inception. I had a gut feeling that early word of mouth would help get it to the upper projections. All of my friends and I filled up almost an entire row at the theatre and all of us except for one enjoyed it. The only friend dozed off while the rest of us were at the edge of our seats.

Its seems like a polarizing film, but the strong majority goes to those that thought it was amazing.

I was very surprised to see so many of my friends talking about it at the University today, and thats a really great sign

just curious how is incepiton doing on monday, i heard it is doing better than monday usually does, and there was alot of sold out in some area. Is it true????

Checking online, my local IMAX sold out their 7pm showing so thats certainly a good sign.
{=}

The fact that it went up impressively from the estimate is a good indicator of this movie's legs.

the force is strong with this one

talli wrote:the force is strong with this one
It will become a blockbuster, I promise.

Based on Monday, you're looking at Inception having at least 140 million in the bank by the end of Sunday. That's pretty damn good.

Jumpman wrote:Based on Monday, you're looking at Inception having at least 140 million in the bank by the end of Sunday. That's pretty damn good.
Nice!

It's great to see that general audiences are getting into it. (I was starting the believe the "Inception might only reach $150 million!" talk :oops: ) Critics were saying how Inception was "too smart," but Nolan/WB knew better. :P

Audiences just want something that makes sense and don't treat them like stupid people. On the surface, Inception makes sense, but if you go deeper, you simply find more.