The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: Inception

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

How awesome was INCEPTION?

100% Awesome
81%
90% Awesome
14%
80% Awesome
3%
70% Awesome
1%
60% Awesome
1%
50% Awesome
0%
40% Awesome
No votes
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
No votes
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
No votes

Total votes: 494

NolanFanIsIncepted wrote:10/10, seen it twice now. Once on opening day and then the following week, which was last Friday. Now, I'm going for a fourth time. God, I love Christopher Nolan. Hope to watch Memento on my next off day, haven't seen it yet.

Is Memento good?
Memento is amazing, and the ending is better crafted than Inception's imo. I like Inception's more because well it leaves the door open for you, however Memento has the better acted, and more thought out ending imo.

NolanFanIsIncepted wrote:10/10, seen it twice now. Once on opening day and then the following week, which was last Friday. Now, I'm going for a fourth time. God, I love Christopher Nolan. Hope to watch Memento on my next off day, haven't seen it yet.

Is Memento good?
Memento is incredible.

it's always a little shock for me, when nolan fans say: "they havent seen memento yet"...it was my first nolan movie and it is still his best movie in my opinion. one of the best movies over the last years, maybe one of the best movies ever...and yeah..full of emotion... :D

"Memento" is up there with "Inception", in my opinion the top Nolan films, the greatest, at this point I can't decide which one's better, Inception just came out.
And "Memento" is a 10 year old movie that only costed like 4 million dollars, that's how incredible it is.
so is kinda hard to say which one is Nolan's true masterpiece.

THE PRESTIGE!!!!

The Silent Guardian wrote:

Is Memento good?
Memento is amazing, and the ending is better crafted than Inception's imo. I like Inception's more because well it leaves the door open for you, however Memento has the better acted, and more thought out ending imo.
I thought the door was still open at the end of Memento. The audience is in the dark, like Leonard, about the truth of events. It is up to us to decide what really happened before the events of the movie took place. Inceptions questions were plot based, but Memento asked a lot more philosophical questions, which is why I thought it was more intellectually stimulating than Inception.

I disagree,
even when Memento leaves the question of whether Leonard already killed John G, whether his wife survived the incident, we know at the end that he chose to kill Teddy to justify his quest for revenge and be happy, probably Teddy was the cop assigned to the case, but that's another of the questions and doubts Nolan leaves in our mind and he does that to makes us feel like Leonard did during the whole film, a true work of art but whatever questions it may bring to your mind Inception deals with a much greater and complex world, Inception is a film with unlimited possibilities giving the fact that during the whole film the story takes place in the infinite world of dreams. The way I see it with Memento you can get as far as: Leonard imagined the whole thing while being in the hospital after he survived the Incident and killed his wife with the insulin, that's - as far - as you can get if you believe he made the whole Sammy Jenkins thing and the whole tattoo quest for revenge thing up, but that's almost pushing it to the ridiculous, the very story of within Inception can leave you to come into ridiculous conclusions and yet be justified as valid hypothesis, as I said, unlimited possibilities because of the world where the story is set, I don't call it plot holes like many people do, it's just the way Nolan wanted to do it, the beauty and originality of the film, another work of art

Memento leaves more open in terms of the events that influenced the film, however the ending is pretty clear after you figured it out.

I will say Memento is much better at bringing out philosophical questions, the entire idea of
Memeories being distorted is awesome

But Inception's ending makes it the most thought-provoking film I have ever seen.

Just came back from my FIRST VIEWING!, Amazing, even though Im gonna have 5 more viewings at least, I can easily say thats its a 100% from me!

Jonas Agersø wrote:Just came back from my FIRST VIEWING!, Amazing, even though Im gonna have 5 more viewings at least, I can easily say thats its a 100% from me!
uff at last bro, ha ha ha
glad you liked it.